It's time to Boogie Woogie!

My Mom was a Boogie-woogie Mamma on piano. Have fond memories my whole childhood.

Art Tatum Art Blakey Art Linkletter Art Carney Art Garfunkel. Etc . Wow a common thread of All Art’s being geniuses . Who knew? Dang I’m honored I should join Mensa.

Dont do that, the joke is on them. In Spanish, mensa is the feminine of menso, which is loosely translated to dumbass. Smart people should have caught that.
ROFL :D:D:D:D:D:D:D That's hilarious. I guess I'm thankful I'm not a member.

I accidentally stumbled across this 12 year old video with Charlie Watts drumming along to some boogie woogie. The music starts a little after the 3 minute mark.

R.I.P. Mr. Watts

Dont do that, the joke is on them. In Spanish, mensa is the feminine of menso, which is loosely translated to dumbass. Smart people should have caught that.
Sucrets throat drops spelled backwards is Stercus: Latin for manure.

On all this boogie boogie groove I keep hearing Robert Plants vocals on Bring it on home. We had a local bass player who passed that was known as Legs Diamond....a bad a-- boogie bass player that was totally charismatic and would do the Chuck Berry low walk now and then when it fit the tune that just kicked things up a notch. Sugar Chili Robinson..myself and Legs would boogie you into bad health brother. If only it were possible 😥.

I love Boogie Woogie piano. I have albums of Lux Lewis, and other old practitioners of the style. There's a beginner's course on YT that shows the basics that I checked out one night, and now that I have an electronic keyboard, I should revisit it and see if I can pull it off.

I have worked with some very good keyboard players, and only one could pull off uptempo Boogie Woogie convincingly. Another one could, but was too lazy to practice it. It's such an infectious style of music, and people respond to it immediately.

Matthew Ball aka The Boogie Woogie Kid. Featuring yours truly on drums! No rehearsal, and never played a boogie woogie gig before. This was the first tune of the day. I'm a bit timid here, but I swear I'm having a good time!

Love it!
That's more of New Orleans groove, but it sounded great. Very authentic. I wish I could find a piano player who could play this stuff.

Back