Is there something going on w Modern Drummer? Subscription Issues

incrementalg

Gold Member
After taking years off from being an MD subscriber, I subscribed to print and online edition in August. I have yet to receive a print copy without following up w MD monthly. Even after following up, MD only sent me the Nov and Dec issues in one envelope to make up for not receiving anything.

Each month, there seems to be a new problem with my address and they keep mailing the issues somewhere else. I contact MD and they tell me it was put in the mail, but to someone not even remotely close in name or address. I have no idea why and MD can’t seem to correct it even after I’ve confirmed my address multiple times.
Each time I’m told it’s been sorted out and to expect my next issue with no problem, then it’s sent somewhere else.

It’s not a life changing thing...if I get MD or not, but I never had problems when I subscribed years before. Anyone else having trouble getting MD in the mail or finding out they’re sending your issue to someone else 1,000 miles away?

I saw a post from Mike Dawson at MD. The postal service is so backed up that people are not getting their issues. To try to help subscribers they are making the current issue available online even if you don’t a digital subscription.

Everything is backed up. I was waiting for a pack from UPS that took 5 weeks from Oslo. Usually, a 1-2 day thing.

I saw a post from Mike Dawson at MD. The postal service is so backed up that people are not getting their issues. To try to help subscribers they are making the current issue available online even if you don’t a digital subscription.
This isn’t an issue with the mail. MD keeps confirming they sent my issues addressed to someone else 1,000 miles away.

I don't think it's an MD issue (pun intended.) The US mail has been really screwy for the last few months in particular, and their tracking can be completely inaccurate, so you don't really know where a package is. The magazine is probably sent via media mail, which is at an all-time slow right now.

Maybe I wasn’t clear ..when I contact MD ask about my print edition, they tell me it was sent to a different name and different address. Some guy several states away. Somewhere in the MD system my address keeps getting attributed to someone else. Even though when I login and see my address is correct and an MD rep sees the same address on my account, but a different shipping address that isn’t mine. They say they correct it only to have it happen again each month since August.

I've only just received my Jan issue, the first in 4 months. I moved but changed address with MD, the Post Office only forwarded for 2 weeks and I'd guess it's a little of both but, in the current time, certainly understandable.

Maybe I wasn’t clear ..when I contact MD ask about my print edition, they tell me it was sent to a different name and different address. Some guy several states away.

Ah... well, FWIW, that guy probably hasn't received it yet either!

I subscribed in early December and have not received any issues yet. I contacted MD, and they said I would get the February issue. Peace and goodwill.

Just another small part of the conspiracy to have everything go digital :(
This.

My dad gets the printed copy of American Art Collector magazine & has done so for over 10 years.
Just recently, he was told his digital & print price would go up $15/year. IF he went digital only, the current price would stay the same.

I fully get it that we need to save trees & the days of print media are going the way of the Dodo. But to blatantly upcharge the cost of print while the digital stays the same send me all the message I needed to read.

One answer: USPS.
I sent packages from CO to WA priority mail on 16 December, they arrived on 30 December. They sat at the Las Vegas sort for 11 days.

One answer: USPS.
I sent packages from CO to WA priority mail on 16 December, they arrived on 30 December. They sat at the Las Vegas sort for 11 days.

I occasionally sell items on eBay or reverb and always use USPS. I typically don't have issues but Las Vegas is a town I hate seeing because their office is usually slow. The main main office in Chicago is the worst, I've had boxes sit there for 4+ weeks (even pre-pandemic).

Last year i didnt receive the november issue, emailed them and got it last monday,otherwise no problem receiving the magazine in holland

I ordered a book off them in March but nothing came. I emailed them a few times about it a month and half later and eventually got one reply saying it was delayed. I waited but still nothing. I've been emailing, calling, messaging on facebook & instagram since and still nothing. They took my money, but no book & not even an email reply, no one ever answers their phone. Absolutely terrible service.

A lady on the phone told me someone would get back to me in a few days about subscriptions.

HA HA

She also told me my subscription number was invalid

, when I knew I still had an issue or two coming.

UH OH

I'll bet they scrubbed our subscriptions, like it or not, after being loyal subscribers for many years.

I still get my Stereophile and Sound And Vision issues every month, so don't blame covid.

Back