INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

Real name? Dean
Age? 61
How long have you been playing? a few months
Origin of user name? Grateful Dead
Your top 5 drummers? Bill Kreutzmann, Mickey Hart, Cindy Blackman Santana, John Bonham, Ringo
Make of drumkit? Pearl EXX Export
Make of cymbal? Zildjian
Where do you practice? at home in spare bedroom
Are you in a band? No
Do you play covers or originals? Covers, I play along to Sirius XM
What style of music? classic rock, blues, contemporary jazz, reggae
Favourite take out food? Fried chicken
What country do you live in? USA
One really odd fact about yourself? I am completely normal.... :|
How did you start drumming? I've always loved drums and rhythm so when I finally got some room for a kit I went for it!

I discovered I had this old account on here after signing up with a new account, so I am using the original account. Once I find out how, I will request the newer account to be deleted.

Welcome Dire Wolf. So you want to be categorized in the “normal” camp eh? Traitor! Is this some trick? Trick us all to act normal , thinking you are normal, so you won’t be odd man out. Hey you can be the New Normal.
All kidding aside welcome Dean this is an awesome forum. It helps keep me sane- or less insane- near normal-it helps in drumming more than anything If you seek it out. Great resources here.

Thanks! I am the abnormally new normal...

yeah, you won't be normal when we are through with you....now, PANTS OFF, and on to the forums

Real name? N/A
Age? 50
How long have you been playing? Since 1983
Origin of user name? Back of receptacle.
Your top 5 drummers? They are all tops.
Make of drum kit? Pearl
Make of cymbal? Paiste
Where do you practice? Basement
Are you in a band? Not currently.
Do you play covers or originals? Covers, mostly.
What style of music? Rock/ 80's Hair Metal
Favorite take out food? Sushi
What country do you live in? Divided States Of America
One really odd fact about yourself? I like to read BOOKS.
How did you start drumming? I bought a pair of sticks.

Real name? McKay
Age? 32
How long have you been playing? I've been drumming for 48 hours. Playing bass for 19 years.
Origin of user name? I was into stephen hawking when i was younger and my name starts with an M.
Your top 5 drummers? Tim Alexander, Neil Peart, John Bonham, Jim Chapin. Sorry, I only have four.
Make of drumkit? PDP
Make of cymbal? PDP
Where do you practice? We got the kit for the kids and I for christmas. So we practice in the living room next to the tree. Soon it will be in the garage with my other gear.
Are you in a band? Not drumming. I play bass in Header n' Heeler and 47th Parallel.
Do you play covers or originals? Both in both bands.
What style of music? The first band is outlaw country, the second band is alternative rock.
Favourite take out food? Sushi or tacos
What country do you live in? US
One really odd fact about yourself? I broke both hands in a car wreck when i was 21. I had to quit gigging for months.
How did you start drumming? I've wanted to learn for years and finally started a couple of days ago.

Real name? McKay
Age? 32
How long have you been playing? I've been drumming for 48 hours. Playing bass for 19 years.
Origin of user name? I was into stephen hawking when i was younger and my name starts with an M.
Your top 5 drummers? Tim Alexander, Neil Peart, John Bonham, Jim Chapin. Sorry, I only have four.
Make of drumkit? PDP
Make of cymbal? PDP
Where do you practice? We got the kit for the kids and I for christmas. So we practice in the living room next to the tree. Soon it will be in the garage with my other gear.
Are you in a band? Not drumming. I play bass in Header n' Heeler and 47th Parallel.
Do you play covers or originals? Both in both bands.
What style of music? The first band is outlaw country, the second band is alternative rock.
Favourite take out food? Sushi or tacos
What country do you live in? US
One really odd fact about yourself? I broke both hands in a car wreck when i was 21. I had to quit gigging for months.
How did you start drumming? I've wanted to learn for years and finally started a couple of days ago.

welcome to another bass player/drummer!!!!

Tim Alexander and Neil Peart have some great bass players to play with as well!!!!

Real name? Flaflaflafla
Age? 53
How long have you been playing? 10 years more or less, mostly less
Origin of user name? Invented my own rudiment
Your top 5 drummers? Derrick MacKenzie, Michael Shrieve, Elvin Jones, Bill Bruford, Jabo Starks
Make of drumkit? Some crappy Yamaha
Make of cymbal? Sabian
Where do you practice? Living room, much to my family’s chagrin
Are you in a band? no
Do you play covers or originals? Covers
What style of music? Funk & Jazz
Favourite take out food? Tacos
What country do you live in? California ;-)
One odd fact about yourself? I can’t dance
How did you start drumming? Suddenly realized at age 40 that I could recall drum patterns of songs I hadn’t heard since I was a teen, so I thought, what the hell.

Last edited:
Been posting on Drummerworld for a couple of months, and should have done this earlier!
Time playing: Ages 11-25, 60 to present. (Anyone else have a long hiatus?)
Origin of user name: My new kit this autumn
Some drummers I enjoy: Vinnie Colaiuta, Jeff Hamilton, Michael Jerome, Senri Kawaguchi, Glen Sobel
Drums: Kit 1 - Sonor Bop SE (18, 12, 14)
Kit 2 - Sakae Almighty Maple (18x2, 13x2, 14, chrome on steel snare, with a 10 x 5 popcorn snare)
Cymbals: Kit 1 - Dream cymbals
Kit 2 - Zildjian A's and K Custom Hybrids
Practice space: Soooo lucky to have a drum studio upstairs on the 2nd floor for both kits, plus a new Sakae cajon, several snares
In a band? A band of 1. Two if my wife is willing to play along with me (keys, soprano sax)
Style of music: Enjoy all styles
Take out: Baba Ghanoush, hummus
Countries: US (originally Pennsylvania; now Florida). Also, 2 years in Australia, and worked periodically in the UK
Odd thing: A dog breed is named after my family - The Blue Lacy Cow Dog, state dog of Texas
Start in drumming: Had to choose an instrument in 5th grade and my favorite musician at the time was Gary Lewis.

Real name? Patrick
Age? 55
How long have you been playing? Since 1982
Origin of user name? If you've seen the movie Spinal Tap, you'd know
Your top 5 drummers? Bonham, Gadd, Copeland, Collins, Colaiuta
Make of drum kit? DW / Ludwig
Make of cymbal? Paiste
Where do you practice? Electronic kit in the garage. Acoustic kits come out for the gigs.
Are you in a band? Yes
Do you play covers or originals? Covers https://www.8trackmassacre.com/home
What style of music? 70's, 80s, 00's dance tunes
Favorite take out food? Chipotle
What country do you live in? U.S.
One odd fact about yourself? I broke my leg at 14 and my right leg is 1/2 inch shorter then the other.
How did you start drumming? I started to listening to Genesis and The Police as a teen

Greetings all!

Real name? Nicholas
Age? 45
How long have you been playing? Very intermittently since 1989
Origin of user name? It's just my name
Your top 5 drummers? Lombardo, Appice, Bruford, Rudd, Smith
Make of drum kit? Roland electric kit right now
Make of cymbal? -
Where do you practice? At home
Are you in a band? No. Plans are afoot though
Do you play covers or originals? It'll be covers
What style of music? Thrash
Favorite take out food? Indian
What country do you live in? Ireland
One odd fact about yourself? I'm Irish but I don't drink
How did you start drumming? I started playing as a kid, but never really learned properly. Played again when I was in college in terrible, terrible bands. Back to it again now after years and years of neglect and making a concerted effort to learn the instrument and play actual music! I hope I can contribute on here, but I'm really here to ask lots and lots of questions.

I signed up a couple of years ago, but was not really active. Time to change that and to reintroduce myself...

René van der Stel, age 47, favourite drummers Vinnie, Jeff, Carlos Vega ie. any drummer with great groove and technique.

Real name? Richie Paradise-Williams
Age? 48
How long have you been playing? 22 years
Origin of user name? I used to be a Captain....of a cricket team
Your top 5 drummers? Joe Morello, Gene Krupa, Buddy Rich, John Convertino (Calexico), Jon Wright (No Means No)
Make of drumkit? Rogers 72 Fullerton for my swing big band, 60s Slingerland for jazz/blues, Premier Artist Heritage for 1920s/30s
Make of cymbal? Mainly K Zildjians & A. Zildjian and Cies, and Istanbul Mel Lewis
Where do you practice? At home, thick of walls and good neighbours
Are you in a band? Several. My own 16 piece big swing band (Big R Big Band), a few smaller swing bands, a 1920s band, a Jive band, and a Tiki/Exotica band (Narco Lounge Combo).
Do you play covers or originals? All old charts apart from Narco Lounge Combo who are 99% original.
What style of music? I'm bet known for playing Swing.
Favourite take out food? Indian/Sri Lankan
What country do you live in? England
One really odd fact about yourself? I only grew my pencil thin moustache for a party and it's stayed with me for over a decade.
How did you start drumming? Saw a school band playing & thought I wanna do that, someone lent me a drum kit and it stuck. I really only wanted to sing :)

Looking forward to discovering some great stuff form this site.

welcome to it!! looks like you have a ton of awesome gear too. Would be cool to hear and see some of your band's stuff

Back