INTERVIEWED HER

I still get a bad feeling whenever I see kids being productized. I did the same thing myself in the 90's, and to this day, it still doesn't sit quite right. I don't know whether it's an exploitation vibe, creepy pedo vibe, the anti-capitalist in me, or what. I just end up feeling bad for the kid in the video.

I glanced at the video linked on the first page. She plays her instrument well enough. I wish her well and hope her endeavors are successful.

There are those who do something and get recognized for their efforts and those who expect kudos for thinking they are all that. If you want recognition for something we could all be impressed with, interview Peart.
Whoops. Too late. Read on

What, you don’t think that would be impressive?
Grunters Dad simply means: since Neil Peart is dead, it's too late for an interview.

I still get a bad feeling whenever I see kids being productized. I did the same thing myself in the 90's, and to this day, it still doesn't sit quite right. I don't know whether it's an exploitation vibe, creepy pedo vibe, the anti-capitalist in me, or what. I just end up feeling bad for the kid in the video.

I glanced at the video linked on the first page. She plays her instrument well enough. I wish her well and hope her endeavors are successful.
I feel the same way.
When the marketing is stronger than authenticity, it doesn't feel like music/art.
This thread is the epitome of such a thing.
Unbridled enthusiasm, overly grandiose self opinions of skill (in journalism and drumming) translates to useless noise and chatter.
There is a lot of this in our current society and it's not easy to stay above it all.

Here we go again..

The whole discussion if that Sina girl is an outstanding player or if she is 'there' yet or if she makes real art, to me is completely irrelevant..

Drumming-wise she is not an exceptional player and i will also not listen to her to get inspired or to learn something, but who cares..?

She should not only be judged for that part..

The girl has 813.000 followers and millions of views on her drumming videos..

Can you imagine that..?

Not "look my new make up" videos, not "check my new hairstyle" videos, not "here is my new dress" videos, not "oh my god my boyfriend" videos, but drumming videos..

If she inspired out of those millions of people, lets say, 50.000 girls worldwide to also start playing drums, she accomplished more in her drumming life than any of us here..

And in my opinion she has all the reasons to be proud of that..

*sniff* *sniff*
I smell troll...

Last edited:
I like that opinion OldSkool she has risen above millions of YT drummers to reach such an audience. That is a worthy achievement and nothing to sneeze at. Few of us can say that on here-though I'm not sure how many are trying-I know that isn't everyones goal. If she was my daughter I'd be proud of her achievement and support her fully. I thought of my students the same way-"if they were my child"-the mindset goes a long way to give unconditional support and be vested in them to try your best too so they can be better. Yeah maybe it's crazy but students can tell when you're full of crap and when you don't give a crap.

Dang Duncan I've never heard of that before-just reading about it on a wiki-now you've peaked my interest. I've never been able to write a whole book to ever publish-it's different than peer-reviewed science article which are short. My kids have encourage me too. I started about 5-6 books, over the years, about various science topics and what not but I can't stay focused on one topic because it keeps morphing onto new topics while writing. I'd love to write a Human Anatomy and Physiology text book cause I spent half my education in each domain and publishing in each and I think I could bring things together for a big picture most text never give you-how to consolidate all the piece you learn about (generally text cover a system but never consolidate the systems). The only long text I've ever written is my dissertation which is incredibly long but I wrote it over a couple of years and meeting with my committee monthly kept me from getting off track. I get it honest my Dad was writing an EKG book for cardiologists he never finished either. All my daughters really write well-so thankfully took after their mother.

It's a compilation of a number of authors and explores various fields in very niche musical genres, mainly Power Electronics. My portion is absolutely tiny and irrelevant really. I just answered on Twitter to the editor of the book as being interested in contributing. The special edition also has a soundtrack album from some of the authors - I'm on that, too. My part of the book is nothing. Some of the writing is really, really fascinating.

I'm pretty bad at long-form writing. I managed it at University but don't write much of anything really.

I only watched the sultans of swing video and couldn't get very far because it sounded to me like the time was rushing the parts and re-adjusting a lot. Didn't sound smooth or experienced, which is maybe the case. It certainly sounded good for her age, but that's not really the yard stick of the internet. You have to stick out in a unique way and be interesting for my short attention span. Being young or good looking won't stop me from clicking the back button.

enuf bs...why do i need to be bothered by what i am doing ??? i'm out...don't need any comments YU ///wish u all well....rw
I am assuming English is not your first language. The comments not to your liking were probably based on respondent's difficulty in understanding the subject of your post.

I'm pretty bad at long-form writing.
Great to have you posting here Duncan, there's an acute shortage of legibility ?

Perhaps English is not "Rudy's" first language, or maybe he is a very young boy. It surely cannot be an adult English-speaking writer posting these announcements.

I am assuming English is not your first language. The comments not to your liking were probably based on respondent's difficulty in understanding the subject of your post.
I also got the feeling English was not the poster's first language, but that doesn't change the fact that nothing he/she said rang true. It all seems like straight-up spammy trolling to me. No reasonable person would have posted that first post, except to stir the pot, IMO.

As always, you're being a gentleman, Andy. :)

Perhaps English is not "Rudy's" first language, or maybe he is a very young boy. It surely cannot be an adult English-speaking writer posting these announcements.

English may not be 'Rudy's' first language but you don't join a forum to promote someone and start insulting its members when some don't share your enthusiasm, like some sort of entitled idiot.

Back