Interface for iphone 8 Videos Stereo to Lightning

green glass drum

Hey folks. Looking to make some videos so I can share sound files on this forum.
I would like to have better sound than the iphone mic provides.
I have a Focusrite Saffire Liquid 56 Interface for my studio...BUT....It is firewire 400 out.
I think I need to have USB out of the interface then adapter out to the lightning in on phone.
I would like 2 inputs XLR/1/4"phone jack for stereo mix.
DAN RH...?....Are you there. I bet you know.
Thanks Guys.

I do not see this post in new posts.
So I will reply.....NOW.

So you already have the ability to record multi track audio on site where you want to record video?

I think you're going to be better served by just using that audio, and then adding the video from your phone in post.

I have the Focusrite iTrack iOS interface for my iPhone, but it's a single channel. I usually plug all my mics into an analog console and run a line out from there into the iTrack for my phone to record. But there are times when I just want to put up one good mic to pick up everything so this little interface is great for that too. It's very handy. I'm sure somebody must make a stereo version but I haven't sought one out.

I have the Focusrite iTrack iOS interface for my iPhone, but it's a single channel. I usually plug all my mics into an analog console and run a line out from there into the iTrack for my phone to record. But there are times when I just want to put up one good mic to pick up everything so this little interface is great for that too. It's very handy. I'm sure somebody must make a stereo version but I haven't sought one out.
Thanks. I have a Focusrite Saffire. So I know the product line....a bit. Sounds Good. Still.....STEREO would be nice.

Does the Saffire do iOS?
Hello Bo. Thanks. Nope....this Liquid 56 Saffire is Firewire 400. I have tried to find adapters from FW 400 to USB but apparently you can't do it. SO.......a stereo interface with 2 XLR/1/4" combo inputs that has a digital output that can go into iPhone. Might need that camera adapter to go from USB interface out to lightning in. Thanks Guys.

Hey - not sure what you decided to do, but I started experimenting with some stuff I had lying around. I discovered that my Yamaha MG10X little mixer is USB that can take four XLR inputs. I sent the USB output to a USB-to-Lightning adapter and into my iPhone, and it worked great. Obviously, you're just recording everything in one go, but it does allow you more inputs. And I believe all the Yamaha MG mixers have USB outputs, so you can get one that has as many as 16 XLR inputs and do a live recording if you wanted.

It does mean purchasing an MG mixing board (My little MG10X I found a bit used for $200, and the more inputs you buy, the price just goes up), but you'd be able to record four inputs onto one track at a time (or to stereo which I think it's configured that way).

What's sorta exciting about this set up, is that I can now have any friend with an iPhone film me playing live with nice audio. I'm not asking anyone to learn how to use a camcorder, they're already using what they're familiar with, I just have send the signal to them. And thanks to USB-to-Ethernet adapters, you're not limited to the 16' limit of USB - you can use as long as 150' feet of Cat6 cable to get the audio signal to the person with the phone - it's not an elegant solution, but it can be done.

The Yamaha EAD10 combined with its Rec 'n' Share app were made for this. SUPER easy to use. No interface, no computer necessary. Of course, it's a little pricey, but worth it IMO. I've used it for posting videos and even used it on small gigs instead of a full mic setup (without the app). Great unit.

Back