Impressive Sounds of Sonor AQ2

it’s no secret that technological advancements have made cheap kits sound good. do a blind test between an AQ2 and an SQ2 with the same heads and maaaaybe 1 in 10 drummers will be able to notice the difference.

The AQ2 are really nice . I owned a Safari kit and I would highly recommend swapping out the Chinese Remo heads for some USA heads . The improvement in tone was remarkable . These drums are so easy to dial in and they sound really sweet . They have some very nice finishes as well .

Unfortunately, this video has lots of EQ and reverb added to make it sound that way. You're hearing a lot of computer post-processing.

Real drums don't sound like that without EQ and reverb....unless you're on stage at the Philharmonic. They just don't.

AQ2s still sound really good, especially for the price, but this video is not an accurate sound demo. :(

Excellent playing though!

The AQ2 are really nice . I owned a Safari kit and I would highly recommend swapping out the Chinese Remo heads for some USA heads . The improvement in tone was remarkable . These drums are so easy to dial in and they sound really sweet . They have some very nice finishes as well .
We were talking about UT heads in another thread recently. You find decent kits with them installed... the AQ2 being just one example. Replacing the heads takes them to a whole new level.

Maybe those UT heads were specifically made to be subpar, so as not to eat the sale of higher-end drumsets/drumheads? Either way, I used to play a Force 3007 (the precursur of AQ2) at a rehearsal room, and it was one of the better-sounding house kit I've played on (close runners include Mapex Saturn and DW Performance).

Maybe those UT heads were specifically made to be subpar, so as not to eat the sale of higher-end drumsets/drumheads? Either way, I used to play a Force 3007 (the precursur of AQ2) at a rehearsal room, and it was one of the better-sounding house kit I've played on (close runners include Mapex Saturn and DW Performance).
I still have a 3007 blue sparkle kit next to my renowns. Every soundmen we used had nothing but praise for that kit. I didn't use the 12..it was 8....10....16. Odd config but it got me through years of gigs. I like the flexibility of the tom mount. Even though asian I was flying the sonor flag..proudly.

Unfortunately, this video has lots of EQ and reverb added to make it sound that way. You're hearing a lot of computer post-processing.
Victor on drumeo one week showed the difference of no EQ and a fully eq'd kit and i will never trust videos again... it was unreal.. I think pretty much anything can sound good when mic'd and eq'd up..

Victor on drumeo one week showed the difference of no EQ and a fully eq'd kit and i will never trust videos again... it was unreal.. I think pretty much anything can sound good when mic'd and eq'd up..
Yes..believe it or not even sonor phonics don't sound....what the hell am I saying!...what I'm TRYING to say is that they won't sound QUITE as incredible..kind of. Well?..yes they will...April fools.

But it doesn't distract from the fact these are nice drums... Plus when you record or play live, you often get close miked, so a kit that sounds great miked might actually mean more in a real environment.

Back