I'm in a band (finally) and wanted to share some original music with you all

Destroyer772

Gold Member
We have been playing together every Sunday for the last 7 weeks and while these songs still need work I'm very pleased with our progress. These guy's have gigged together in the past. So they have more experience playing as a band while I haven't played since high school. Cool thing is, The guitar player is the same guy I was in a band with back then. I know I need work on my timing and fills, with practice I believe I can get these songs tight. It feels great to play with other musician's instead of playing Drum Cover's. As always I look to you guy's for advice and inspiration, the experience and helpfulness on this forum is invaluable. Now these are rough video's with a couple stop and starts so please forgive that.

Awesome John-been wondering where you were-no videos in awhile. Glad you hooked up with a band-your drums and cymbals sound great on this recording. Nice playing my friend.

Awesome John-been wondering where you were-no videos in awhile. Glad you hooked up with a band-your drums and cymbals sound great on this recording. Nice playing my friend.
Hi Art, I been around just flying under Radar. I started slipping on my enthusiasm for a while until these guy's got a hold of me. My wife and I were browsing on our youtube subscriptions the other day and watched your acid jazz video. She's really into hi hat work and liked that video, it was good playing. I should really experiment with playing other genre's and round out my playing style. I was always kinda scared of jazz, it seems so difficult.

Hi Art, I been around just flying under Radar. I started slipping on my enthusiasm for a while until these guy's got a hold of me. My wife and I were browsing on our youtube subscriptions the other day and watched your acid jazz video. She's really into hi hat work and liked that video, it was good playing. I should really experiment with playing other genre's and round out my playing style. I was always kinda scared of jazz, it seems so difficult.
I question your wife's taste in music John LOL. Just kidding tell her thank you! I'm trying to get more "groovy", "funky", "jazzy" so that drumless track fit the bill. I'm still working on it-have toned it down quite a bit. Jazz has been difficult for me to as my "Moanin'" thread attest to that, but I love the journey. But enough about me-how bout JOHN the DRUMMER-and in a band no less. They are lucky to have you-nice accents to their musings. You sounded the stronger player just listening once through IMHO. You post is inspiring-makes me want to try and gig again. I'm mildewing down in my basement LOL. Keep us "posted". Arturo

I question your wife's taste in music John LOL. Just kidding tell her thank you! I'm trying to get more "groovy", "funky", "jazzy" so that drumless track fit the bill. I'm still working on it-have toned it down quite a bit. Jazz has been difficult for me to as my "Moanin'" thread attest to that, but I love the journey. But enough about me-how bout JOHN the DRUMMER-and in a band no less. They are lucky to have you-nice accents to their musings. You sounded the stronger player just listening once through IMHO. You post is inspiring-makes me want to try and gig again. I'm mildewing down in my basement LOL. Keep us "posted". Arturo
Like most of us I'm my worst critic. I was very nervous our first few session's. Last night I was more relaxed with some confidence. The guy's seem to want to keep this a 3 man band, but he is not sure about his vocals and I know it's hard to hear. Untill we get a good track laid down thru my Focusrite DAW it will be hard to tell how well his vocal truly sound. From what I hear I think he will be fine with some work. It's the first time he ever sang ,his hope is to one day take these to a studio. I have only did covers with my Focusrite interface, but it's the 8 channel model, and I think we should be able to record a good demo thru that alone "once we get better at operating it". They have gigged before so I would think that is the plan in the future. Right now I am just focused on getting these songs tight. Thanks for watching and commenting Art, good to hear from you. I'll keep you posted.

Those tunes sound pretty good for rough videos. Songs have some nice writing and changes too. Glad you found some guys to jam with. Some good guys and decent songs beats playing alone any day. Good stuff!

It's great that you're immersing yourself with other players, and the foundation is clearly coming along nicely. I look forward to your first gig video :)

Andy.
Thank you Andy, they went thru a couple other Drummer's and said that we just better click better. I'm really proud they chose me and I'm gonna do my best to pull my weight.

Just another well-wisher here. Liking it so far!

Attachments

• RenderedImage copy.jpeg
    RenderedImage copy.jpeg
    584.3 KB · Views: 1
  • RenderedImage copy.jpeg
    RenderedImage copy.jpeg
    584.3 KB · Views: 1
Back