I'd like to see really nice bass drum mounting hole covers.

I think a tooled leather one would be neat too. Yours does the job, but kind of stands out a bit much, I think.
If you could give it a darker shot of somewhat matching paint, it might blend better.

In real life, and in my drum room covered by ride, it appears to match better. The finish of the drums is "Grey Gloss"..and, I'm a bit colorblind, so I'm going to try a Sharpie (I did the outside edges in Sharpie in photos). Good eyes.

Sure. I've considered that. I do enough work on drums, sometimes you'd just prefer something simpler still.

Here's an eBay option. The seller has different versions for different drums.

I am an Engineer with a large Office furniture company, and have all the cool toys at my disposal, although not during the madness. I've made the 3D ones..they look like shit unfinished, but I'd do that if I had a solid color kit or even a sparkle. My current consulting puts me squarely in one of our companies Wood manufacturing plants, and I'd love to score some veneer and have the boys spray it to match, but again, I can't until the madness ends.

I can't quite decide whether it looks better if it contrasts the finish a bit, or match as closely as possible.

I am an Engineer with a large Office furniture company, and have all the cool toys at my disposal, although not during the madness. I've made the 3D ones..they look like shit unfinished, but I'd do that if I had a solid color kit or even a sparkle. My current consulting puts me squarely in one of our companies Wood manufacturing plants, and I'd love to score some veneer and have the boys spray it to match, but again, I can't until the madness ends.

I can't quite decide whether it looks better if it contrasts the finish a bit, or match as closely as possible.

I don't have a pic, but I painted my PDP plate brown. Yes, brown, lol. It was black to start with and just didn't go with the tobacco burst/fade whatever on my PDPs. If there's a lot of chrome already there, I won't add more. Just me. I like it to hid a bit.

I like the veneer idea (y)

I kept the tom mount on the bass drum and use it to insert a boom arm to mount my ride cymbal like this:

20:04:16 DF Ride Cymbal Mount.jpg

I find that mounting my ride cymbal off of my bass drums means less weight to carry around, more free space around the bass for other stands, and a quick and easy way to position my ride cymbal.

Mrs. Klimt won't let me sell it. It is her..! I think. Here she is, and another painting of her..not a redhead but I think it's her.

Even if she did, the drum itself would have to have belonged to Ringo or someone to get that valuation out of it.

Mrs. Klimt must be super old. Mr. Klimt died in like 1918 I think. Cool reso pic for sure though.

I want a Bob Ross drum head.

Back