I love Tama drums.......but my friend Joel Loh doesn't.

I've never thought people don't take Tama drums seriously? Ask Simon Phillips, Stewart Copeland, Lars Ulrich, Kenny Aronoff, Peter Erskine?.........
If you polled for 'top 4' manufacturers - I reckon they'd be there.
If you consider them the "dark side" then join up my friend - you won't regret it!!;)

I've never thought people don't take Tama drums seriously? Ask Simon Phillips, Stewart Copeland, Lars Ulrich, Kenny Aronoff, Peter Erskine?.........
If you polled for 'top 4' manufacturers - I reckon they'd be there.
If you consider them the "dark side" then join up my friend - you won't regret it!!;)
I'm in.

Uhh, I'd say Tama is probably making the best (non-botique) drums in the world right now.

Edit - And I've literally never heard anyone say anything bad about their hardware. Ever.
Yup because it's the strongest name in drums. That's what their slogan said.

If I get a 1987 Granstar, I would be joining the dark side. Don't take my word for it ☺️.
Yup because it's the strongest name in drums. That's what their slogan said.
Bit confused what your point is? Or rather where it's coming from and why you say that before agreeing with a contrary statement?
Can you reference anyone on here saying something bad about Tama?
Can you link to a reference of Tama being slated?
Where do you get this notion people don't like tama?
My acoustic is Tama, I love it, although I only play my electric kit now. Still got the Tama pedals on it.

It feels like your trying to promote Tama with as much subtlety as a kremlin troll, no offence meant.

Bit confused what your point is? Or rather where it's coming from and why you say that before agreeing with a contrary statement?
Can you reference anyone on here saying something bad about Tama?
Can you link to a reference of Tama being slated?
Where do you get this notion people don't like tama?
My acoustic is Tama, I love it, although I only play my electric kit now. Still got the Tama pedals on it.

It feels like your trying to promote Tama with as much subtlety as a kremlin troll, no offence meant.
Don't get confused. I also love Tama too. Especially the old models. I used to have one but now no choice but to give to my mom's school next house. No one said bad things.

Nobody's taking one of the biggest, most respected and oldest drum companies in the world seriously? That's news to me.

This is a confusing thread.

Everyone loves Tama except my damn friend (Who's a big fan of The Beatles) is Joel Loh.
Perhaps the thread could have been called "I love Tama but my friend Joel doesn't," as opposed to equating one friend (of yours and a stranger to the rest of us) with 8 billion people.

Joshua, if you’re looking to strike up conversations with people on here adding your input to existing threads is a better approach, as opposed to starting lots of new ones.

Joshua is from Malaysia so I doubt English his first language. Is this the same kit you posted about in past and still waiting to receive due to COVid shipping issues. Your friend Jon needs schooling on how great TAMAs are so give him hell LOL. TBH and I’ve never paid the brand much attention chasing others till last couple of years.

Joshua is from Malaysia so I doubt English his first language. Is this the same kit you posted about in past and still waiting to receive due to COVid shipping issues. Your friend Jon needs schooling on how great TAMAs are so give him hell LOL. TBH and I’ve never paid the brand much attention chasing others till last couple of years.
Yes but his name is Joel. So thanks for your advice. You're right he needs some schooling.

No you were waiting for an export or mapex at one time , wasn’t it, did you get it and now ready for Tama?

Back