How to become a DRUMMERWORLD DRUMMER?

"How to become a Drummerworld Drummer? You know that gets me pondering. I tend to be lazy but once motivated I go the other extreme and go full out. I've always enjoyed drumming but never really took it seriously-till more recent times. Makes me think if I was a young fella being on the DW list would be a worthy dream or goal to work towards-and with study, effort, and time it is clear that the dream can turn into a goal with some progress made in that regard. How to become a DW drummer? You gotta work at it, study it, and never quit doing either. But I'm just now turning 65 so I got "at least" another 25 years or so (LOL I'm more of an optimist that I appear)-so maybe I should take my own advice and start working towards that end. I'll be the Grandpa Moses of Music LOL. I think I'll settle for being a forum member and leave the DW list to the pros.
I know criticisms often drown out the positives but I hope all the DW members really appreciate the DW site-the forum is most popular compared to others by Alexa, and in general DW rocks Alexa and has dominated all drum magazines, etc. and even out competes all lesson sites but Drumeo that only in recent times has been competitive. It's pretty much number one for drums with some minor caveats. It's a great resource independent of forum with all the bios and videos, and other sections, but the forum is a also super resource and not just a bunch of gabby people. It's a great place with a lot of great people making it happen-we should show some gratitude sometimes.

..Tony Allen!..

..Hell yeah..

Completely agree and to me is a mystery why he is not on the 'radar' from this place (also on the forum he is not mentioned a lot)..

I mean, afrobeat is not really a 'little' music genre (to say the least) and the guy is an icon..

Like..an ICON..

I guess thats just how is, a list like that will always create debate..

That goes for all lists basically..

...and, he's currently working with The Good, The Bad, and The Queen, amongst others...
...A living legend.

Completely agree and to me is a mystery why he is not on the 'radar' from this place (also on the forum he is not mentioned a lot)..

I mean, afrobeat is not really a 'little' music genre (to say the least) and the guy is an icon..

Like..an ICON..

I guess thats just how is, a list like that will always create debate..

That goes for all lists basically..

I mean Allen has really covered it all from roots folksy music to pop to jazz. There exist videos of clinics he has given. I don't even know how many languages of singers he has backed but I have counted at least four.
Maybe he is wanting to be paid for using his name and links? IDK
Definately check y.t. for his clinics.

I am not a fan of his playing, but he should be recognized as he’s the drummer that was on the albums and toured with them when they were in their prime. I’m sure there are other drummers on the list there that have similar background considering he was in one of the biggest bands in the world at a time.

On a side note, I think he totally got screwed for the Rock-n-Roll HOF for the same reason. Though they say otherwise, Pearl Jam obviously had something to do with it as Eddie Vedder didn’t like him personally and he’s not even mentioned or shown in PJ20. It is like they want to pretend he was never in the band.

At the very least, they didn’t fight for him to be in it as they may have Matt Cameron.
Wasn't David Krusen playing on Pearl Jam's Ten? Their best album, imo.

Wasn't David Krusen playing on Pearl Jam's Ten? Their best album, imo.

Easily their best album and you’re right, it was Krusen. It was Dave A. though that toured on that record, was in all of the magazines & interviews at that time, and played & toured on the next two which had just as many songs that resonated with people and put them over the top in popularity. Ask any drummer who was a teenager in the early 90’s and liked PJ and they’ll tell you he’s an inspiration.

I hope it shows I’m being objective stating that I don’t like his playing. He’s easily the worst PJ drummer in my opinion, but he deserves his just due.

I think the bigger question is, How does one become a moderator on Drummerworld. Bernhard scours the hospital records for drummers who at some point in time have had head or brain injuries. He then puts out a bogus email offering free drum goodies and trips to Switzerland. The trips are arranged through the Don't Book with Us, travel agency, who are using a 2050 calendar, and most dates are filled. He also buys us each, 1 lottery ticket and tells us he will let us know when we win. So we wait. Then he lets us view his Facebook page for free. that's it.

I think the bigger question is, How does one become a moderator on Drummerworld. Bernhard scours the hospital records for drummers who at some point in time have had head or brain injuries. He then puts out a bogus email offering free drum goodies and trips to Switzerland. The trips are arranged through the Don't Book with Us, travel agency, who are using a 2050 calendar, and most dates are filled. He also buys us each, 1 lottery ticket and tells us he will let us know when we win. So we wait. Then he lets us view his Facebook page for free. that's it.
Ah, the glamour of being a Drummerworld moderator. I’m sure the destination was well worth that journey!

Oh come on I’m like - check, check, check, check, check ( I can’t count I got that brain injury) and still I can’t make a list on DW. I would mske a great moderator if not for the hypocrisy of admonishing others for the same things I do so there’s just that small rub. But I was almost qualified and boney fide. It could be the language barrier since I don’t type English. I know how Rodney Dangerfield feels cause I can’t no respect either. Rodney really favors my Dad same Humpty Dumpty build of skinny arms and legs and robust middle. Hey maybe that’s it?

That's what you get when you fill in a 'Want free stuff? Fill in this endorsement form t3h pWnz0rz' :sneaky:

Wow thanks for the explanation Bernhard-I had no idea of the effort and issues involved in this. I also enjoy when you introduce new drummers but I had no idea it was a mutual addition. I think this explains things nicely-I haven't even noticed Terry B. wasn't in lineup and I'm surprised there wasn't a thread wanting his addition (but at least we have an answer for such a request). I knew you made the decisions but I started thinking about telling posters you make the decision-I don't want them harassing you with "their demands". So perhaps we need a thread for posters to "I'll just drop this here" to post drummers they find of interest and maybe a future DW addition of best jacket. Granted it isn't our cyberpunk decision nor the forum member who suggest it but the actual drummer and you, but it can provide a venue for forum members to discuss such things. We can refer to your response as a FAQ so posters will understand the complexities of such a request. I understand the passion many drummers have for their favorite drummers and would want them on DW but seems some are indignant or overbearing and make aggressive demands (fortunately few). Thanks for the response Bernhard-and thanks for all your effort making DW the best drum site on planet.
I'll trade my entry for yours, but you also have to do the Weird Al gig. o_O

Back