hi im iggy and i am 13 and im try to get in to drumming.

iggy

I'm looking to get a good electric beginner kit. I'm am looking at the dtx6k-x and alisis command. space is a factor in my decision I would definitely like it to be under 4x4 feet

Rock Salad

You gotta start somewhere. Welcome. I don't really do e drums but I have an old Simmons set. It's tiny, but I'm not sure it would fit in 4'×4' with my throne- maybe just barely. It's a two pedal, three cymbal four pad set like a tiny five piece drum kit.

Someone’s Son

I'm looking to get a good electric beginner kit. I'm am looking at the dtx6k-x and alisis command. space is a factor in my decision I would definitely like it to be under 4x4 feet
I’ve never really got on with electric kits, I learnt on an acoustic kit with mesh heads and low volume cymbals.

Space is your biggest challenge, but for the money that your considering there are some good options to turn a cheap acoustic kit into a low volume practice kit:

No Way Jose

Silver Member
Hi Iggy, Welcome to the forum. Both those electronic drum kits look good to me and are about 4 x 4 feet. I've seen similar electronic kits that fold up and are portable, people carry them to gigs. Electronic drums are a good way to start playing, and they have a volume control so you won't bother people.

Hellwyck

Hi Iggy, welcome to the forums.

If you're really new to drumming, I'd get a practice pad and a set of sticks you're comfortable with and learn control and accuracy before you go to a kit, then when you've got used to that you can get your some E-Drums.

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
Hi Iggy, welcome to the forums.

If you're really new to drumming, I'd get a practice pad and a set of sticks you're comfortable with and learn control and accuracy before you go to a kit, then when you've got used to that you can get your some E-Drums.
And what 13-year-old Would willingly do that when the electronic drumset is way cooler? Sheesh - you might as well recommend to the kid that he find a good teacher! 😂😂😂

Hellwyck

And what 13-year-old Would willingly do that when the electronic drumset is way cooler? Sheesh - you might as well recommend to the kid that he find a good teacher! 😂😂😂
Just telling him what my teachers told me, thought it might help.
Not sure if you meant to but you kinda came across a bit "wow, you fucking idiot" there...

Last edited:

Hellwyck

I would think the laughing emoji would mean I was being facetious. But I can't control how others perceive what I say.
No, it genuinely looked like you laughed at what I'd posted.

After 38 years of playing, I'd like to think at least something I give out can be used.