Help setting up amp with Electronic drums

Boxman

I am getting back into drumming after 20 years. I am going with electronic drums because of neighbors - well, ok, the wife too. How and what gear do I need to: 1) Listen to the music and the drums while I wear headphones so no one else can hear - so the only thing people hear is sounding like a 3 year old baby hitting
Tupperware?
2) Listen to the music out loud along with hearing the drums out loud and listening to the music with head phones on - to help me keep time & remember how the
drum parts go?
3) Listen to the music out loud along with hearing the drums out loud and listening to the music without head phones on - when my wife is away for the day?

Your vote between Yamaha or Roland and why.

Thank you for your help and if you are going to say something like a jerk - get out of your parents basement and get a job.

Dave

Fritz Frigursson

a tad aggressive in the last bit there. not sure everyone is going to be friendly if you finish a post like that. i would get a PA if you’re going to do anything else other than play drums (listen to music, have friends over with instruments and the likes) because drum amps are too specific and expensive for what they are. also second question doesn’t make sense as you can’t listen to music out loud and on headphones at the same time.

No Way Jose

Silver Member
Drum controllers have an aux in jack where you can plug in a mp3 player, tablet computer or cd player. You can listen to both your drumming and the recorded music using headphones.

To hear electronic drums without using headphones you will need an amplifier and speaker. Play recorded music through a stereo or PA.

Both Yamaha and Roland make good products. Are you close enough to a music store so you can try them out?