Help choosing a set?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey00100

I plan on ordering a shell pack in the next couple of weeks, and I have been tring to get as much information as possible. I am looking to spend around $700. My local Guitar Center does not carry DDRUM. I was tring to choose from a DDRUM defiant 7 piece (ebay. the single bass drum model) made out of basswood, or DDRUM Dominion Player AMX 4-Piece(musiciansfriend). My friend had a DDRUM Diablo which is made of basswood and I liked the sound of the kit. What is the difference in a snare that is (5.5 x 14) compare to (7x14) holding the type of wood constant. I like punk rock and rock music.

The biggest differences in those snare sizes is volume (with the 7" being the louder), and tone (with the 7" being deeper and not as "tight" sounding).
I would strongly recommend that you shop used kits before you order a new shellpack. There's so many better options out there, and with used drums having a low resale value (even in mint condition) you can get a much better kit for about the same cost, and usually with cymbals or hardware, etc. included. Nothing against the kits you mentioned. but if you can end up with a higher quality kit without the additional expense and maybe get some extras on top of that, then it's a better deal for you. Right?

Hope that helps,

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back