Hardware DIY/Mods/Repairs Thread

Hello Everyone...Long time lurker, first time poster.

I am having an issue with my Ludwig P86 Throwoff. I have 2 of them and the one on my main snare had two screws work their way out. Please see the attached image for reference.
They are a specific type of screws that seem to have a bushing of some sort around them. There are 4 all together, two on each side as indicated in the image.

I need to see if anyone has any insight into where I can get the screws and bushings? The screws I can find, the bushings I cannot.

Thanks in advance!
Ben
McMaster-Carr has an immense assortment of imperial & metric fasteners, washers, bearings, bushings (plain & sleeved).

More mod fun! Converted my Powershifter Eliminators to direct drive and split apart the footboard height/beater angle adjustments. Much cheaper than buying another pedal.
Parts involved - Pearl direct drive links & Tama Vari Pitch beater holders and some machine work.

Pearl-mod-1.jpg

Pearl-mod-2.jpg

Pearl-mod-3.jpg

Pearl-mod-4.jpg

We have a "new" drum shop spreadsheet that members can add to and access.
Is there a spreadsheet/data source for OTC hardware?
I'm kinda new and bought an older Export kit.
Finding the correct hardware (tension rods, wing screws...) can become a nightmare.
I know a new member, @drumgoddess1 is also seeking hardware for a similar kit, and with MY experience...I can't believe it's this hard!
I DO KNOW (now) that the threads on the TOM rods are 7/32 and on the KICK rods 6mm (maybe M6x1.00)...AND the wing screws for the FT legs are 8mmx1.25 thread.
Us newbies could use a go-to source!
This thread started in '07, so...
I found wing screws...in a two-pack(?!?!?!)

Last edited:
We have a "new" drum shop spreadsheet that members can add to and access.
Is there a spreadsheet/data source for OTC hardware?
I'm kinda new and bought an older Export kit.
Finding the correct hardware (tension rods, wing screws...) can become a nightmare.
I know a new member, @drumgoddess1 is also seeking hardware for a similar kit, and with MY experience...I can't believe it's this hard!
I DO KNOW (now) that the threads on the TOM rods are 7/32 and on the KICK rods 6mm (maybe M6x1.00)...AND the wing screws for the FT legs are 8mmx1.25 thread.
Us newbies could use a go-to source!
This thread started in '07, so...
I found wing screws...in a two-pack(?!?!?!)
Drum Factory Direct has everything you need. Send them an email and they will get you taken care of.

Back