Happy October - Show us your Monster

It’s about that time again.

Please share pics of your monster - caveat is still 7 piece shells or more, and Frankensteins are always welcomed.

Here in DW, I’ve seen some monsters through the year and hope they have brought frightful and spirited joy to all who possess them.

Played a monster for a while, but lugging it around was not an option at a certain age.
I love me some large shelled tubs like the Luddy Vistalite reissue that fits in the house just fine.
The "Cannon kick" Gretsch kick drum always makes me smile as well.

7 pieces here...would love to add a few more.
Thanks for showcasing the Taye Phil.

That monster has such a look that can welcome any guest into a haunted abode, though you enter at your own risk.
Played a monster for a while, but lugging it around was not an option at a certain age.
I love me some large shelled tubs like the Luddy Vistalite reissue that fits in the house just fine.
The "Cannon kick" Gretsch kick drum always makes me smile as well.

In the voice of Paul Bearer ‘Ohhh Yesss!’ Only the dead get lugged around!’
Monsters are much alive and do not permit control!’

306B1AA6-6A52-4DC2-B473-0A0F2F714582.gif

I hear ya though - I’d rather not lug around any of my kits and I’m still in my 30s.

One floor to the riight, and its the perfect Nick mason setup.

What a stunner!

is that 12/13/16/18/22/24?

Thank you!, it’s a 12,13,14,16, 22 & 24 shell bank.

It’s been my home and studio kit these last few years so generally only use some of the drums at any time as I’m a four piece guy mostly. Great to have the options to swap out drums when recording, depending on the song requirements.

(But I should get around to setting it all up just for a bit of fun at some point!!)

Example below

E898181C-9DD6-4911-AF4D-FE8A9D6D8012.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm impressed this thread has remained about drum kits. This could have gone so far in an unintended direction.

I'm impressed this thread has remained about drum kits. This could have gone so far in an unintended direction.
Thanks!

I open up every year since the inception with the parameters; also considering a hefty percentage of the posts are mine in this thread.
I also try to keep engagement by following up with each monster post.
🙂

Anyways I am proud to keep it going - for now

Last edited:
Oh damn thats certainly a killer and the finish will startle anyone in its tracks!

The main snare, is that an 8” deep dish - how does it sound?
Thank you.

Ill post the updated picture next week with the 8” tom added.

Actually the snare is a 15x10.

It sounds very good. Especially in higher tunings.

A lot of body and warmth but a with very nice crack to it.

Here it is in a medium tuning without effects.

That works!
That creation wasn’t cheap I’m sure.
The skull toppers are nice touch, and I dig the wraps on the pads.
Thank you sir- no, definitely not cheap (but more than happy with what I paid for it) and at least the home-made wraps didn't cost me anything

The thread title is open to interpretation
Uncle Larry you freak, this thread ain’t click bait 😄
I’m surprised how you could misconstrue the word ‘Monster’ - with the contextual ‘Happy October’…

But if I recall you are on record for bringing the smell acclaim to @C.M. Jones, so if you feel compelled to post your… don’t for the lambs sake…

Back