Happy October - Show us your Monster

? Do any of you stay awake at night due to night terrors caused by monsters in your house?

It’s that time again, the caveat is still 7 piece shells or more for a monster encounter.
You know the rules - and Frankensteins can be monsters too.
As my new home is haunted and I am too stubborn to move out, this year I’ve set up cameras and snapped a pic of this monster in the same area:
7D684FB1-260A-479C-9C99-9B77DA71A085.jpeg
5665994A-BAB4-4F2E-9070-760B2A63A16A.jpeg

Not mine, but.....DAMN !!!

View attachment 96394
JW this thread is not another display or monstrosity mess of a kit thread. ?

Again it’s YOUR monster of 7 pieces to be showcased (opposing the ‘show me your 4 piece kit” thread)

From what I can see this fn’ thing is only 6 pieces lol...

Don’t you have a fairly large Franken kit that is 7 piece or more? ?

As a devout one-up, one-down drummer, I'd get lost amid the labyrinth of these mammoth kits. I'd need a guide to find my way home again.
It’s not easy taming a monster!

Just kidding Mr. Jones they are fun just as well as shedding on a 4 piece.
The concert tom kit is really fun as the melodic toms are so close in size they still each have distinct singular notes tuned.
My Pearl kit as you well know, the tones blend so well and sing more harmoniously.

It’s not easy taming a monster!

Just kidding Mr. Jones they are fun just as well as shedding on a 4 piece.
The concert tom kit is really fun as the melodic toms are so close in size they still each have distinct singular notes tuned.
My Pearl kit as you well know, the tones blend so well and sing more harmoniously.

Rest assured that I'm not renouncing large kits. They have their place and purpose. They're just foreign to my drumming style. Also, I like the contained convivence of smaller setups. I can't imagine transporting a ten-piece shell pack. Too much labor for my taste.

Rest assured that I'm not renouncing large kits. They have their place and purpose. They're just foreign to my drumming style. Also, I like the contained convivence of smaller setups. I can't imagine transporting a ten-piece shell pack. Too much labor for my taste.
Yessr I understand your not opposed- No these are not for transport.

Never considered it a monster... but it fits the criteria of 7pcs.
View attachment 96408View attachment 96409
That is a clean set up, beautiful!

My DW kit when I first bought it (8 piece). I still have it, but I've sold the 12" tom.

IMG_0126 - small.JPG

Back