Guru Search!

Hahaha, the middle photo is hilarious.

I'd just like to say how amazing this drum is. Since I've acquired ot, it hasn't left the stand once. It's the most satisfying wood snare I've ever had the pleasure to own, or play. It's so light too but the feel and the sound are just beyond amazing. I love how the stick feels on this drum, particularly rim shots. It's incredibly sensitive as well. It's worth noting, that had I had a choice, I would have almost certainly chosen a shell under 6" in depth. My sweet spot is typically between 5-6" deep. I actually hesitated when I saw the dpeth but figured this was probably my last chance to buy one at a truly fair price. I've had mixed results with 6.5" or deeper drums and this is the first 7x14 that not only did I really connect with but one that I enjoy more than any wood snare I've ever owned, or played. Previously, I would have said it was a toss up between my old 5x14 limited Birdseye maple Crav, or my 6x14 HD drums walnut stave, with segmented walnut maple hoops. Both phenomenal drums but this Ash 7x14 is just on a different level for me. My Oriollo 5.75x14 Bellmaker is an equally phenomenal instrument but it hasn't been able make me want to replace the Guru. Thank you again Eric and thanks also to Andy and Dean for making such thoughtful and amazing instruments for us drummers. I'm extremely grateful.

I'm afraid I missed out on the Guru era since I just got back into drums, but I do appreciate Andy on here and I'm sure he had to turn out some awesome sets.

this Ash 7x14 is just on a different level for me.
So great to hear you've connected with the character of this drum. Like you, I generally gravitate to the medium - shallow depth 14" snares, as deeper ones can frequently lack breadth & clarity of delivery, but the instrument you have was one of our most popular combinations. It's the ultralight approach that takes it into a different space compared to it's peers.

Not for everyone, but you can say the same of any instrument with a distinctive character set. Isn't that the whole point of having more than 1 snare? :cool:

Hahaha, the middle photo is hilarious.

I'd just like to say how amazing this drum is. Since I've acquired ot, it hasn't left the stand once. It's the most satisfying wood snare I've ever had the pleasure to own, or play. It's so light too but the feel and the sound are just beyond amazing. I love how the stick feels on this drum, particularly rim shots. It's incredibly sensitive as well. It's worth noting, that had I had a choice, I would have almost certainly chosen a shell under 6" in depth. My sweet spot is typically between 5-6" deep. I actually hesitated when I saw the dpeth but figured this was probably my last chance to buy one at a truly fair price. I've had mixed results with 6.5" or deeper drums and this is the first 7x14 that not only did I really connect with but one that I enjoy more than any wood snare I've ever owned, or played. Previously, I would have said it was a toss up between my old 5x14 limited Birdseye maple Crav, or my 6x14 HD drums walnut stave, with segmented walnut maple hoops. Both phenomenal drums but this Ash 7x14 is just on a different level for me. My Oriollo 5.75x14 Bellmaker is an equally phenomenal instrument but it hasn't been able make me want to replace the Guru. Thank you again Eric and thanks also to Andy and Dean for making such thoughtful and amazing instruments for us drummers. I'm extremely grateful.
Good to read you are still happy with the snare, I hope you will enjoy it for many years to come!

Back