Gun holsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
All my uncles on Mom’s side died like their Dad with a pistol in their pocket. I have pistols but I don’t like them. I’ve got an arsenal but I’d never use any against a person.
Heck no that would take the joy and satisfaction from beating the MFer to death with my bare heads- ROFL.

felonious69

Here's a thought. Tama Star drums are made in Japan. What's another "star" that's made in Japan? Throwing stars! So the Tama Star badge on each drum could be a detachable throwing star. On an ordinary gig, they're just badges on the drums. But when the shit hits the fan, the drummer transforms into a Ninja and proceeds to dispatch all enemies (or just drunk and unruly bar patrons) with a level of throwing-star precision normally reserved for the most precise "Rosanna" shuffles and Neil Peart fills.

Tama can call these special edition kits Ninja Star drums.
I think you're onto something...but each drum has several badges...disguised as bling!

felonious69

And quick-release sharpened heads!
And jingles!

Hollywood Jim

Platinum Member
When I play I keep my gun in my percussion bag that sits right next to my throne. So I'm not actually carrying a concealed weapon.

bud7h4

Silver Member
I haven't gigged since before I began carrying. But if I was still playing out I'd probably swap out my normal IWB holster for one of those fanny pack ones. Something I could carry the gun on my waist up front or at 6 o'clock comfortably on the throne, and out of the way (away from my sides).

And something inexpensive, since I likely wouldn't be using that type of holster anywhere else.

Last edited:

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

All my uncles on Mom’s side died like their Dad with a pistol in their pocket. I have pistols but I don’t like them. I’ve got an arsenal but I’d never use any against a person.
Heck no that would take the joy and satisfaction from beating the MFer to death with my bare heads- ROFL.

funny, cause I would only ever shoot a human...they usually deserve it. No animal has ever tried to break into my car, or jump me after a gig.... <-- this is why I never have, and never will own a gun; they allow for too much/many impulsive reaction... <--- I think I am one of only 4 Americans who don't own a gun....

the weapon of choice on my set it my Zildjian A 16" High China...that thing will destroy ear drums, knock a beer out of someones hand at 100 feet, and shields me from stage divers

I do keep this guy in the truck for load outs....

defender2.jpg

he has diffused quite a few situations, including 2 with guns...

felonious69

A guy at work once asked me where I hunt (deer season) I told him I don't hunt. He asked if I was "one of those vegitarians or animal activists".
I told him that's not the point. If I am hungry something is gonna die and I am gonna eat it... I'm just not gonna wait for it in a tree when it's ten below outside.

bud7h4

Silver Member
funny, cause I would only ever shoot a human...they usually deserve it. No animal has ever tried to break into my car, or jump me after a gig.... <-- this is why I never have, and never will own a gun; they allow for too much/many impulsive reaction...

.. . . he (knife) has diffused quite a few situations, including 2 with guns...

Some situations need diffusing, some need to be ended in a split second. In either case though, inanimate objects neither diffuse nor react impulsively.
I'll make every attempt possible to diffuse a situation, but the tool I carry for defense will not be a part of that process.

And then there are encounters which are not "situations" at all; there's no argument, no name calling. Instead, you are about to become a victim, pure and simple.

Last edited:

felonious69

I only have these things mounted to my kit cuz I'm allergic to bees...and the cattle de-wormer didn't work.

felonious69

WallyY

Platinum Member
I run a private club with a gun range. Sort of a guntry club.

When anyone asks me about holsters I always recommend this guy out of Florida. pjholster.
I also recommend the SOE low-profile belt.

It's really a topic for arfcom and not here unless it stays humorous.

Cheers.

*edit* I removed links. People can search if they want.

Last edited:

styledcliff

Yes. It's a very American thing and a touchy subject for some.
To reply, there are a lot of biker vests that have concealed carry pockets on the inside, that'd be my go to if I felt it necessary.
Out of curiosity, what kind of places are you playing that you feel the need to have a sidearm? I've seen some shady bars, but damn.
It would be for a church setting. You can judge all you want, but shit does happen and being behind a drum kit doesn't exclude me from any would be assailants. The holsters i have are quite cumbersome behind the kit.

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Some situations need diffusing, some need to be ended in a split second. In either case though, inanimate objects neither diffuse nor react impulsively.
I'll make every attempt possible to diffuse a situation, but the tool I carry for defense will not be a part of that process.

And then there are encounters which are not "situations" at all; there's no argument, no name calling. Instead, you are about to become a victim, pure and simple.

I am trying to answer this in a way so as NOT to have the thread shut down, so mods feel free to delete this post or "smack my hand"....

first: I grew up using rifles in marksmanship exercises and competitions, so I am not totally anti gun....BUT,

this is part of my point...using a gun allows a person to react impulsively; using a gun allows the act to be impersonal - hell, you don't even need to see the victim eye to eye to kill them; using a gun allows the person to not even think twice about killing; using a gun means you don't have to experience the victims death...you don't have to see the fear in the victims eyes, feel and/or smell the blood as it leaves the body; there is no other weapon..er..."tool"...that allows you to be that distant/impartial and impulsive. Even bows and arrows, spears, bolas', slings, crossbows have a shorter range, and you have to actually think before you use it as far as hitting the target. Those weapons only limit you to one or 2 shots to kill...not 100's.

I think in America, we have been conditioned to not really see the severity in the power of killing. In all forms of it. It is a heavy, heavy thing. There is a lot of chest beating and false bravado that happens behind a gun, and i think that it allows for a denigration of the value of life in all forms. We don't respect life. We respect " MY"life, but not truly everybody's...

It also allows us to get less cautious about reading situations because we think we are invincible, and then we end up in situations we could have/should have avoided. I have never, and will never own a gun b/c I have never really felt like I needed one. While I don't generally go out seeking situations where there will be trouble for fun, I do willingly participate in an activity that puts me in some shady places. In the 40 years I have been doing this, I have only been in the (above mentioned) 2 situations where I needed a "tool" to diffuse a situation. All the other situations have been avoided or diffused by being hyper aware of the total surroundings, and reading the crowd. I have had 3 situations in my life where I came upon people in my car, and all 3 times they bolted as I walked up, only because I got loud. I did not feel threatened....pissed off casue t hey tool my stuff? sure!!

But I never felt like I was going to die in those situations....

My dad- who is an ex Marine drill sergeant from Vietnam...hardcore Parris Island Grunt - had a saying that has always rang true for me: "give man a gun, and they will turn into a scared asshole."

when all is said and done, I am not condemning gun owners. I just don't get the state of living in so much fear that you feel the need to be armed like a solldier 24/7, when you are just a civilian...that would suck

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
Even bows and arrows, spears, bolas', slings, crossbows have a shorter range, and you have to actually think before you use it as far as hitting the target.
I'd love to see you defend yourself from a feral hog with one of these. Pack of coyotes maybe. How about a nest of copperheads or rattlesnakes. That silly decoration you posted sure as hell ain't gonna do it. There are situations where firearms are a necessity. Anyone who wants to exist amongst the wild better be prepared to kill something dangerous before it kills you. That's not cruelty. That's survival. Animal control doesnt patrol out here. By the time you call them and they show up, that dangerous animal is long gone and gets to kill again. So what's it gonna be, you, your property, or the animal?

T-minus 10 until thread shutdown...

felonious69

felonious69

I'm at work... someone else finish the count.

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

I'd love to see you defend yourself from a feral hog with one of these. Pack of coyotes maybe. How about a nest of copperheads or rattlesnakes. That silly decoration you posted sure as hell ain't gonna do it. There are situations where firearms are a necessity. Anyone who wants to exist amongst the wild better be prepared to kill something dangerous before it kills you. That's not cruelty. That's survival. Animal control doesnt patrol out here. By the time you call them and they show up, that dangerous animal is long gone and gets to kill again. So what's it gonna be, you, your property, or the animal?

T-minus 10 until thread shutdown...

again, if i am going into the wilderness...as I have done for 40 years of my life and survived without ever killing anything other than an occasional brown recluse spider, I get to know the flora and fauna of the area, how they react and interact etc. i know how to prepare for going into THEIR homes...how they will perceive my intrusion. I plan accordingly.

I have hiked parts of the AT trail; spent many summers in the Canadian wilderness; ride mountain bikes...

and yes, I do not dispute that you would need some kind of weaponry to defend against packs of animals, but again, not AK-47's, AR-15's, Uzi's, rocket launchers, Glock 9's, hollow point/armor piercing bullets...

8,7,6?

felonious69

Thanks...my boss is looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.