Gun holsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

felonious69

Silver Member
Man!
Mr.IP has helped me with my drums, with drum setup, with my snow thrower and now sword mounting!
This dude deserves the DW Nobel Prize!

felonious69

Silver Member
That clamp looks perfect because you can pivot it to just the right angle. I looked on Sweetwater but didn't find exactly that.

Your best bet depending on the clothing you’re wearing behind the kit would be…….google……..

side draw belly band holster
Concealed carry Fanny pack holsters
Or shoulder or ankle holsters . All will have their limitations and pros and cons . Last for me on the list would be an ankle holster. Never liked them . But the comfort of those ( for playing behind a kit) depends on the size of the weapon. Same with shoulder holsters. Stop in your preferred gun store and try a few on and explain to a knowledgeable employee or owner your intended use to find an option that suits you 👌🏻.

This may help you out a little

Last edited:

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
That clamp looks perfect because you can pivot it to just the right angle. I looked on Sweetwater but didn't find exactly that.
Here it is:

As for holstering a weapon while playing, surely there is a way to mount one under the throne. Either directly attached to the underside of the seat, or clamped to the post somehow.

felonious69

Silver Member
That there clamp looks like:

Gibraltar SC-GCMAMC Chrome Multi Angle Mutli Clamp

Small clamp for the cymbal stand tube, large clamp for the rack tube/sword.!

I think, from now on, when I've finished typing ,I'll wait about twelve seconds before hitting "post reply"...for IP's post.

felonious69

Silver Member
It should be here by Tuesday!
Sweetwater really is the best!

felonious69

Silver Member
Someone needs to design a set of Drumchucks...Like Bruce Lee Keslake

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
Someone needs to design a set of Drumchucks...Like Bruce Lee Keslake
I found chopchucks, chopsticks nunchucks. I also found drumstick shaped chopsticks, but no drumchucks. Guess it's time to make some.

AzHeat

Platinum Member
DW hardware! If anything ever goes down with a mass shooter like other clubs, there’s no time to draw and the drum riser isn’t high enough for a high point attack with a rocket launcher, so best to dive behind your DW hardware!

gish

A lot of drummers hang a stick bag on the floor tom. In that case, you could use an outside the waistband type holster to slide over one of the pockets and mount a pistol within easy reach. For those that laugh and scoff at those of us that carry responsibly, I say this; go ahead and laugh/make jokes at our dispense. We’ll still sit and stand next to you wherever you may be, and defend you as well as everyone else if something happens. Conceal carry folks get a bad rap from some; like we’re trying to be macho or tough. The reality is that it’s a tool, one we hope we never have to use, but it is far better to have it and never need it than the other way around. Flame me if you want, you can still get behind me if things break down.

Last edited:

Yamaha Rider

Gold Member
Do some drummers in the USA carry drums on their person? I live in Australia no one here would be allowed to carry/wear a gun in a public place. ( aside

Your best bet depending on the clothing you’re wearing behind the kit would be…….google……..

side draw belly band holster
Concealed carry Fanny pack holsters
Or shoulder or ankle holsters . All will have their limitations and pros and cons . Last for me on the list would be an ankle holster. Never liked them . But the comfort of those ( for playing behind a kit) depends on the size of the weapon. Same with shoulder holsters. Stop in your preferred gun store and try a few on and explain to a knowledgeable employee or owner your intended use to find an option that suits you 👌🏻.

This may help you out a little

I find a bop kit with Yamaha crosstown stands fits neatly within the tail turret from a Flying Fortress bomber.
Those 2 x .50 cals are perfect for 'difficult' audiences. Particularly individuals who check their facebook on the dancefloor...

Last edited:

TK-421

How great is it that he's got a row of butter knives strapped across his chest?
Those are throwing knives, not butter knives.

I had to look up mojo hand...
I gave up on little bags of herbs about 26 years ago now.
Ha, I had to look up tom tree. That seems to be a term unique to Drummerworld, as I’ve never encountered it elsewhere. In any case, it’s definitely not a term any drum manufacturer uses. Though a big part of me wishes toms grew on trees. Maple trees would grow maple toms, walnut trees would grow walnut toms, and so on. Not sure how you’d get a maple/gum tom or a birch/bubinga tom though.

Last edited:

felonious69

Silver Member
Those are throwing knives, not butter knives.

Ha, I had to look up tom tree. That seems to be a term unique to Drummerworld, as I’ve never encountered it elsewhere. In any case, it’s definitely not a term any drum manufacture uses. Though a big part of me wishes toms grew on trees. Maple trees would grow maple toms, walnut trees would grow walnut toms, and so on. Not sure how you’d get a maple/gum tom or a birch/bubinga tom though.
Brasswood...only blooms snares.

felonious69

Silver Member

TK-421

Here's a thought. Tama Star drums are made in Japan. What's another "star" that's made in Japan? Throwing stars! So the Tama Star badge on each drum could be a detachable throwing star. On an ordinary gig, they're just badges on the drums. But when the shit hits the fan, the drummer transforms into a Ninja and proceeds to dispatch all enemies (or just drunk and unruly bar patrons) with a level of throwing-star precision normally reserved for the most precise "Rosanna" shuffles and Neil Peart fills.

Tama can call these special edition kits Ninja Star drums.

Status
Not open for further replies.