gretsch catalina club

Woolwich

Silver Member
Hi zildj
I didn’t when I had one and because the image/vibe of the Catalina Club is of the “classic” one up one down from it’s smallest 18” “jazz” size kit right through to the 24” “rock” kit I imagine that most people stick with what they bought without getting extra toms. . Add on mounted toms are available in the range though so Gretsch are prepared to fill the need, are you wondering about mounting options or something else that perhaps a non Catalina Club user can help out with?

zildj

Hi zildj
I didn’t when I had one and because the image/vibe of the Catalina Club is of the “classic” one up one down from it’s smallest 18” “jazz” size kit right through to the 24” “rock” kit I imagine that most people stick with what they bought without getting extra toms. . Add on mounted toms are available in the range though so Gretsch are prepared to fill the need, are you wondering about mounting options or something else that perhaps a non Catalina Club user can help out with?
Thanks for the feedback. I've always had two-rack toms on other sets. A while back, I downsized with the Catalina Club set and really like it (if a 1-up-1-down set is good enough for Watts and Morello . . .), but was wondering what other Club drummers like. Do you think, in a two-rack set up, that the 12-inch tom is the larger rack tom? I'll follow up on Gretsch offerings.

Woolwich

Silver Member
Both 10” and 13” drums are available as add ons so that gives you options assuming you’ve got a 12” at the moment.

Godi

Thanks for the feedback. I've always had two-rack toms on other sets. A while back, I downsized with the Catalina Club set and really like it (if a 1-up-1-down set is good enough for Watts and Morello . . .), but was wondering what other Club drummers like. Do you think, in a two-rack set up, that the 12-inch tom is the larger rack tom? I'll follow up on Gretsch offerings.
As Woolwich said, you have 10 and 13" toms, and also a 16" floor toom as option.
I have a Catalina Club, a beautifull Gloss Crimson Burst, and I'm planning to add a 10" tom, but not over the bass drum. I'm going to attach the 10" to the left cymbal stand, I like more that toms position, like that I can have the ride more centered, where I like to have it.