Greetings

Thank you much, thinking about sound proofing my garage/man cave. Reading into sound proofing it currently, Cheaper is always better. But also want to get into digital music and mixing also.

StanM3...when you fell into THIS universe you fell GOOD. The people here are literally stumped by NO question. Like Allstate..your in good hands. Oh...i forgot..welcome aboard! matey!.

Stan, welcome to the Family.

Stan, welcome to the Family.
Thank you kind sir. its completely my pleasure. My wife and I were listening to Dennis Chambers last night and man he is amazing. Growing up in Oak Lawn Illinois, Dennis would often (frequently) come to the drum shop and play and put on sessions. This was 25 years ago but I played with him beat for beat, rhythm for rhythm. I was so stupid to stop after college. But I am getting back into it and feeling like a kid again

I am thinking and watching some jazz players via you tube. I always liked playing jazz, played in the jazz band through high school. any references or players, bands to recommend?
Shelly Manne, Jimmy Cobb, Art Blakey, Max Roach, Kenny Clarke are good places to start. Tony Williams for fast bebop, but that's considered advanced. These drummers played with artists like Thad Jones, Clifford Brown, Miles Davis, Benny Carter. I haven't been playing or listening to much jazz lately, but that's what pops out at me at the moment. Good luck!

Thank you kind sir. its completely my pleasure. My wife and I were listening to Dennis Chambers last night and man he is amazing. Growing up in Oak Lawn Illinois, Dennis would often (frequently) come to the drum shop and play and put on sessions. This was 25 years ago but I played with him beat for beat, rhythm for rhythm. I was so stupid to stop after college. But I am getting back into it and feeling like a kid again
Keeping up with dangerous Dennis?. I don't want to see you play..it'd scare the hell outa me.

Welcome aboard, Stan!
You're never too old to dust off your wings and start flying again.
My Jazz journey began by playing along to Dave Brubeck Quartet records when I was 17.
Jimmy Smith recordings are great to warm up to as well.
Cheers!

Welcome Stan you've entered a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call DRUMMERWORLD (with echo effect). So you've come to the right place man. You'll find sage advice here-not from me -but there is great advice on here.

Did I mention now you've joined DRuMMERWORLD there is hazing ceremony? ROFL just kidding but you do have to drum so hard you're hands bleed like on Whiplash, then send us a sample of your blood for our DNA Drummer Genetic testing project where we are going to find out if drummers have unique or common alleles and in reality we all descended from a common ancestor. No kidding again-but it's a cool idea. Besides drums we can turn into "Off Topic lounge" lizards. Welcome again Stan. I was a garage player and a unfinished attic closet for years-it gets hot in the Summers.

Shelly Manne, Jimmy Cobb, Art Blakey, Max Roach, Kenny Clarke are good places to start. Tony Williams for fast bebop, but that's considered advanced. These drummers played with artists like Thad Jones, Clifford Brown, Miles Davis, Benny Carter. I haven't been playing or listening to much jazz lately, but that's what pops out at me at the moment. Good luck!
Thank you much.

Welcome Stan you've entered a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call DRUMMERWORLD (with echo effect). So you've come to the right place man. You'll find sage advice here-not from me -but there is great advice on here.

Did I mention now you've joined DRuMMERWORLD there is hazing ceremony? ROFL just kidding but you do have to drum so hard you're hands bleed like on Whiplash, then send us a sample of your blood for our DNA Drummer Genetic testing project where we are going to find out if drummers have unique or common alleles and in reality we all descended from a common ancestor. No kidding again-but it's a cool idea. Besides drums we can turn into "Off Topic lounge" lizards. Welcome again Stan. I was a garage player and a unfinished attic closet for years-it gets hot in the Summers.
i grew up in Chicago and had plenty of unused space in my parents house when my older brothers moved out. So if I remember correctly I just purchased small Ludwig set and just expanded on it. it grew into a 10 pc double bass with a rack kit and way too many cymbals, but loved it. Then moved to Florida in 2002 and got rid of them in the move.
So now here I am married and just recently quit my medical job to assist my wife with a herniation in her neck and gonna attend paramedic school in august. I worked as a surgical trauma tech (pass instruments to the doc in surgery) for many years. I am also a newly home owner and as you know when you become a home owner the jobs are endless. The inside of the house is complete and now to the garage where I am gonna look into sound proofing it and go from there. Kind of like Rep Speedwagon and riding the storm out

Back