Great Youtube Video - Noble & Cooley

I played N&C CD Maples (10'',13'', 16'' 22) with a SSClassic 5x14, for 25 years. I ordered them through Harry Cagany's shop and when the first kit had a finish problem and they took them back and re-cut another kit to my specifications.
For physical reasons I've been playing a little Bop Sawtooth kit for a couple of years, Poplar but sound pretty decent. I just got the N&C's out of storage and I am in freaking drum heaven. They sound great (Emps over Ambs) not touched since a gig 3 years ago. The dynamic range and sensitivity of these drums cant be beat, so to speak.
I don't play out much these days and would need a roadie to get this kit around but, at home I'm spending a lot of time on a truly great instrument.

Very nice! No silly camera antics or loud music to drown out the documentary style narration.. Classy production.

I love their snares.

True craftsmen. I decided to build my own. If I ever decide to spend that kind of money, they will probably be at the top of my list.

Yeah, I sold my CD Maples when I moved from the UK to Australia. I wish I hadn't now.
Chris..werent you an endorser?..couldnt you have called the CEO of N&C and said hey..----- Chris here..bad news..somebody stole my kit out of my van..gotta have a new one..thanks.

Chris..werent you an endorser?..couldnt you have called the CEO of N&C and said hey..----- Chris here..bad news..somebody stole my kit out of my van..gotta have a new one..thanks.
Yes I was an endorser and still informally support N&C.
They are a very small, family owned business. Each drum made has to be sold to keep the company alive.

Best sounding kit I ever owned was a Noble & Cooley. Would love to pick one up again some day when the timing is right.
This is nitpicky, but I'm holding out for when/if the mounting system changes. I just don't love that suspension mounts being located in the middle of the drum. I'm guessing there's an acoustic reason whey it may be superior to do it this way, but at this point in time I just can't get over the aesthetics of it.

They are mounted in the middle of the drum because N&C have designed lugs that have a thread on the underside.
Essentially it means you can have your RIMS installed permanently and don't have to fuss with them every time you need to change a head.
Zero to do with sound, all practical.
It's a great feature IMO

A toy drum manufacturer, now making some of the finest instruments available, by a father, son and couple dozen others. Very nice!

Since they are relatively local to me (1-2 hours) I have been close to pulling the trigger on a N&C kit for years......but I have no real reason.....but at some point logic will be overcome by emotion and desire.

Great kits, great company.

Best sounding kit I ever owned was a Noble & Cooley. Would love to pick one up again some day when the timing is right.
This is nitpicky, but I'm holding out for when/if the mounting system changes. I just don't love that suspension mounts being located in the middle of the drum. I'm guessing there's an acoustic reason whey it may be superior to do it this way, but at this point in time I just can't get over the aesthetics of it.
The mounting system doesn’t have to be installed under the top lug (middle of shell ) , it can be installed just like your atypical RIMS mount .

I'd imagine, since they are 'made to order', you could have any type mount you want.

N&C steambents...are the only kit I would consider if I were to buy another kit, which I'm not.

There's not even a 2nd choice to consider

They are mounted in the middle of the drum because N&C have designed lugs that have a thread on the underside.
Essentially it means you can have your RIMS installed permanently and don't have to fuss with them every time you need to change a head.
Zero to do with sound, all practical.
It's a great feature IMO
Ahh. That's pretty solid...

Back