Great Deal on a Gretsch Renown Motor City

acsunda

Hey guys. Just thought I'd throw this out there. I stumbled on this extremely good deal on a Gretsch Renown Motor City bop kit on Guitar Center for $715. I'd have to double check, but I don't think you usually see these listed for less than $1200 or so, and usually a lot more than that. If I weren't already in the middle of a project, I'd snag them myself.

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Gretsch-Drums/Renown-Drum-Kit-117288699.gc

Hey guys. Just thought I'd throw this out there. I stumbled on this extremely good deal on a Gretsch Renown Motor City bop kit on Guitar Center for $715. I'd have to double check, but I don't think you usually see these listed for less than $1200 or so, and usually a lot more than that. If I weren't already in the middle of a project, I'd snag them myself.

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Gretsch-Drums/Renown-Drum-Kit-117288699.gc

Whoa - that's a screaming deal!

A nice deal if you don't mind the "repaired" shipping scar right on the side of the kick. I'd try to talk them down.

A nice deal if you don't mind the "repaired" shipping scar right on the side of the kick. I'd try to talk them down.
I don’t know, even “repaired” I still think it’s a pretty killer deal.

FYI, those sizes they listed aren't quite accurate. They're actually 18x14, 14x14, 12x8 and 14x6.5. Or if you're like me and list depth first: 14x18, 14x14, 8x12 and 6.5x14.

And if you don't like those white chevrons, they're not painted on. They're thin strips of metal (I think aluminum) and can be removed.

FYI, those sizes they listed aren't quite accurate. They're actually 18x14, 14x14, 12x8 and 14x6.5. Or if you're like me and list depth first: 14x18, 14x14, 8x12 and 6.5x14.

And if you don't like those white chevrons, they're not painted on. They're thin strips of metal (I think aluminum) and can be removed.
I've noticed that GC seems to often put guys with no knowledge of drums in charge of listing drums on their website, resulting in weird, inaccurate measurements.

You just kicked up the cool factor by more than a notch or two. Now you have to wear an Indianapolis racing suit to the next gig. Shi-....you be stylin! brotha!.

You just kicked up the cool factor by more than a notch or two. Now you have to wear an Indianapolis racing suit to the next gig. Shi-....you be stylin! brotha!.
Oh I'm not buying them. Just thought I'd share such a good deal with anyone who might be interested.

I've noticed that GC seems to often put guys with no knowledge of drums in charge of listing drums on their website, resulting in weird, inaccurate measurements.
Don't get me started.
The odds of actually finding a "drum guy" at your local Guitar Sucker or Sam Ass store is rare at best.
When you do find one, They either think they know so much that they struggle with helping the little guy, or they know so little that they just don't know the products.

Someone on here posted about a GC "drum guy" who put an Acrolite tag on a Black Beauty. The OP talked about how the buyer looked at the drum (knowing exactly what happened) & even talked the guy down a bit.
Literally walked out of the store paying $450 for a BB.

I'm sure that drum guy was going to quit in a few days anyway due to bad management, so it's all good. :LOL:

Back