Good metronome software

Drumeo actually has a batch of files that you can download. Several different BPMs too. Click goes in and out to help with training your inner metronome.

Makes me realize how crap my timing is still.

Another recommendation for Time Guru...I’ve used/use a bunch of different ones and Time Guru is probably the simplest and easiest to use. Specifically for this application, 1 bar one-1bar off, 4 on-4 off, 2 and 2, 1 and 3, etc etc...whatever you want really, I find it by far the easiest and best to use. I don’t really use the random ghost click function much, but bars on-bars off click is brilliant.

I use this:

Has an independent volume control so it's easy to make it loud enough to hear over your playing. Lots of options as well.

Drummer ITP:
Although described as the world's most intelligent metronome, Drummer ITP is primarily an accuracy training aid for drummers.

Here’s something a little different I saw on the conga forum, if you wanna switch things up from your usual metronomes. Free on both iPhone and Android.

This is my choice as well. Been using it for a while & I love the ability to voice over songs for upcoming changes or breaks. Makes charting a song great for tribute bands.

I’m actually very interested in trying this, but I can’t find any information regarding what features are included at each price point:
Polynome App $14.99
Polynome Pro $31.99
Premium $99.99 (upgrade price! ?)

I see lots of videos demonstrating various features but nowhere do they say which version was required. I’d hate to pay $31.99 and then find out I have to pay an additional hundred bucks to access “voice counting” or playlists or whatever!

Last edited:
I got mine at the beginning & didn't pay that (nor would I). The Pro version has voice over & it's worth the $15.

I got mine at the beginning & didn't pay that (nor would I). The Pro version has voice over & it's worth the $15.

I actually just emailed the guy and heard back that the $99 shown in the App Store is the one-time fee path for the subscription model he’s about to switch to which will replace some pro features going forward BUT if you already bought pro you’re grandfathered in to keep all your current features so I went ahead and bought pro!

Good call. I've used mine a lot on live gigs where I can just do the voice over for song spots that I might forget.
It's quicker than charting!

Back