Gone Too Soon

JohnnyG

Honorary Lifetime CEO
Staff member
Mitchell W. Mulcahy, was born September 19, 1962 in Albuquerque, NM, and died from melanoma on September 8, 2018. Mitch lived a simple and meaningful life. He said what he thought, he did what he said he was going to do, and he had a fierce, and sarcastic sense of humor. He loved his family and friends with a pure heart, great loyalty, honesty and pride. He did not tolerate nonsense, nor did he suffer fools easily. Mitch affected thousands of lives with his work as a science teacher for 21 years at Taft Middle School, his alma mater.

RIP Mitch...DW

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-13 at 18.16.41.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-13 at 18.16.41.png
    163.3 KB · Views: 1,114
Farewell Mitch. This is so sad.

Boy, I've really gotta say that everyone here is the best. Even though we don't "personally" know each other, we all know each other. I guess it's the drumming brother/sisterhood thing.

Thank you to everyone who's reached back out to me; it means the world to me at this time.

I've got no words. Mitch said it best.

I’m not crying, YOURE CRYING.

RIP Mitch.

Rest in Peace brother drummer.

This feels like a loss because it is. For us, for family and anyone else who shared experiences with Mitch.

Sad.

I just saw his new journey thread today and just that quickly... guys, this life is too short. Rest in peace, Mitch. Condolences to his fruiends and family and to all of us as well.

Really saddened to read this, RIP Mitch. You’ll be missed.

My condolences to all.

Been thinking of you ever since I heard the news yesterday Mitch. You look so healthy in your photo. I can't even imagine how scary it must have been when you realized that there was no way out of this mess. You are in a better place now. It's the people you left behind that have my sympathies.

Rock on brother.

Mitch, I’m terrible in these circumstances and never know what to say. I didn’t know you that well, but enjoyed your posts and contributions. Thanks for reaching out to us as family and friends and allowing us to share what was likely the most frightening and confusing time for you and your family. You will be greatly missed. Rest In Peace our friend.

Ryan

Sorry to hear. I just posted this on another thread.

I’ve oftentimes wondered about many people on various forums where their life was. I wondered where they were they were when they faded away. Do they even play anymore? It seems so minor when speaking of health.

I met more than a few members over the years, but of those only one died that I knew. That would be Jerry Jenkins of Jenkins-Martin aka Drumjinx on many forums. It was crushing, but I know his underground drum company legacy will live on.

My dear oldest sister was diagnosed with cancer and in less than 6 months, this lovely, supposed healthy person was gone. Melanoma is not to be messed with. If you find yourself in the sun a lot, cover up. sunscreen is cheap, wear a hat, do what you can to even avoid the chance. Not preaching, but just no need when some avoidance will help. RIP Mitch

Mitch, I wish you well on your new journey. May it be as for filling as was your time with us on earth.

I didn't know Mitch but I'm gutted by this. If you've known somebody who was diagnosed and passed away within a few months, you know what a nightmare this was for Mitch and his family. I hope they can finally find some peace.

Seeing that photo, I have no idea who it is.

And then it sets in, it's "Mitch", with that "Mitch" avatar.

So easy to forget the people behind the avatars and the posts.

Real people who aren't seemingly endless like the internet.

At least we can honour his memory, a very fine intitiative to put this at the top of the thread list.

A loss to this community, and undoubtedly a far greater one to his close freinds and family.

Back