Going into the Studio End of August

NouveauCliche

Drum Fam!

It's officially booked - tunes are written - charts are ...charted: My band is officially heading into the studio for Album #2!

We'll be at Frogville Studios in Santa Fe, NM in late August to knock it out - Frogville is super funky and has a whole top level that is housing for the band...so we can stay there and make music all day.

We'll have a film crew to document the whole thing too - that'll be a new one for me!

Also - I mentioned it in a post but Phil Manzanera invited my band to be on his Solidarity Express album - so we will recording that track too AND he's going to scan through the tracks on our album and play on what he feels like! I've also invited percussionist Dan Chiorboli as well to add some spice - he's recorded on something like 200 albums and is currently working with Peter Gabriel. He also hooked us up with Grammy Award Winning Engineer John Lindemann - so hopefully this all goes well!!

Attachments

• DDAT 2.JPG
    DDAT 2.JPG
    597.6 KB · Views: 12
Care to share what album #1 was so we can catch a listen and get a sense of what you're doing? The studio looks cool. You may never want to leave.

Care to share what album #1 was so we can catch a listen and get a sense of what you're doing? The studio looks cool. You may never want to leave.

It honestly is SUPER cool - I can't wait to do the whole wake up - walk down stairs and make music thing. It should be a really cool experience.

You can find us here:

Some live stuff:

Fun fact - that was Jimmy Cobb's drum set I was using at Flushing Town Hall in the above vids - not too long before he passed.

Cool stuff. Funky to be sure. And cool story about playing Cobb's kit. Good luck with your second round.

man, I miss the days of "moving in" to the studio for sessions...soak it up!!

Can't wait to hear and see the results...

Back