Gibraltar pedals

drummingman

Gold Member
Are there any Gibraltar double pedals on par with high end pedals, like the DW 5000 or the Tama Speed cobra? I haven't really looked into Gibraltar in year's so I'm out of the loop on their pedals. So I'm curious how their pedals are stacking up against the big boys nowadays.

I like Gibaltar hardware, but their pedals could improve. I played the 9711G-DB briefly, it's ok and built well but it's a little too heavy (built like a tank). The footboard in particular is quite heavy.

All my hardware and stands are Gibraltar. I really like what they make. I had the 6711DB double pedal and it was nice. I just sold it because I decided to buy an Offset pedal which I absolutely love. My issue was pedal positioning. I'm an old time double bass drum person. Went back to drumming last year and I bought a kit with one bass drum. I tried a double bass pedal (the Gibraltar) and could not get used to the positioning. I wanted to really feel as if I was playing two kicks, with me and the snare in the center of the kit. The offset was the only solution and it's great (for me). But in the brief time that I had the Gibraltar, it seemed to be a high quality pedal.

Gibraltar IMO is considered on par with any other top hw company, not all products have amazing but the good ones have excellent reviews. The difference I read about is feel, as their DD pedals are heavier than what I might have expected from an Axis or similar. So, play first, but it's absolutely good hardware.

They they surely make good stuff. All my hardware is Gibraltar except my pedals and hats. That's never gonna change.

It's all taste, though. I just picked the TOL Yamahas for work, but for me they can't touch my DW 9000s. Many people will disagree an they're all wrong. lol Nah. Just personal taste.

They they surely make good stuff. All my hardware is Gibraltar except my pedals and hats. That's never gonna change.

It's all taste, though. I just picked the TOL Yamahas for work, but for me they can't touch my DW 9000s. Many people will disagree an they're all wrong. lol Nah. Just personal taste.

I'm in the same boat as you. I have a bunch of Gibraltar hardware, even a hi-hat stand though I admit I don't use it a whole ton. For the price it is great stuff, I played a Gibraltar Rock pedal for the longest time but I don't have or use a Gibraltar bass pedal anymore. For me at least, their higher end pedals just seems to fall short when compared to the mid-high to higher end pedals from other places, like the DW5000, Speed Cobras, or Eliminators. However, their lower end stuff is priced really well and is a great value. Again pedals are such a personal thing, that it depends on what you like.

The Gibraltar pedals are ok for mid range stuff. Any decent player could do any thing required on one of them.

My first choice, no. But they’ll do

I've only used the more recent Gibraltar single pedal, and it does a great job.

Right now, the real sleeper of kick drum pedals comes from Mapex IMO (in particular, the Armory pedal).

Go the dw3000 just as good as the 5000 and alot cheaper there is no difference in performance I've got the 5000 and 3000 the 5000 is in the drawer collecting dust.

I have two Gibraltar pedals.............they both came with used kits. One is an older 90's model and the other is a new "G" Series current model. The G is a single chain and the 90's is a double chain. Both are excellent and very responsive. I would have no issues using either pedal on a world tour with no backups (assuming I was playing a world tour, of course).

Back