Forum hacked

I had a weak password for over a decade-I changed it though. No one hit me up for $300 is that some sort of class insult I probably don’t have it? Heck I can’t make any list on DW- not even the hit list.

When the internet was young and new and sexy I sprayed my email address, phone, mailing address and underwear size all over the web. I was joining all the forums I could find in an effort to solve desktop publishing problems. While I found excellent solutions to my problems, I had no idea the information I’d left on the web would eventually cause problems such as attempts at acquiring my bank account and credit card info. I still get 50–100 spams per day, but am too lazy to change my primary email address.

I still get 50–100 spams per day, but am too lazy to change my primary email address.

Yeah.. even getting a new one would last for just a couple of days, maybe weeks, unfortunately there's no cure for that these days. Entering it on nearly any commercial platform or just sending a mail to whatever commercial mail service will lead to the address being sold, a while later all the professional spammers will have your latest address. Using some kind of Bayesian spam filter (e.g. the one included in Thunderbird) with some training will keep them out of your way, although it still adds load to your internet connection downloading all this sh*t...

The free, happy internet from 1995 is history, it became a sh*thole of a snake pit over the decades ?

Using some kind of Bayesian spam filter…
I’ve been using Spam Sieve for ~5 years and it’s a keeper. Highly recommended for Mac users.

it's because you went to the Dark Side Ace, love poopydoodle!

I had a weak password for over a decade-I changed it though. No one hit me up for $300 is that some sort of class insult I probably don’t have it? Heck I can’t make any list on DW- not even the hit list.
Nobody ever hit me up for $300...probably cuz they already hacked the credit bureau and saw my rating(?)

Back