Forum hacked

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
Does this mean that the credit card info of anyone who donated to the site is now in jeopardy?

Supergrobi

Technical Supervisor
Does this mean that the credit card info of anyone who donated to the site is now in jeopardy?

Nope, the donations aren't processed on this server, so no traces of anything around that. It's just a link to PayPal attached to an image.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
I had a weak password for over a decade-I changed it though. No one hit me up for $300 is that some sort of class insult I probably don’t have it? Heck I can’t make any list on DW- not even the hit list.

cbphoto

Gold Member
When the internet was young and new and sexy I sprayed my email address, phone, mailing address and underwear size all over the web. I was joining all the forums I could find in an effort to solve desktop publishing problems. While I found excellent solutions to my problems, I had no idea the information I’d left on the web would eventually cause problems such as attempts at acquiring my bank account and credit card info. I still get 50–100 spams per day, but am too lazy to change my primary email address.

Supergrobi

Technical Supervisor
I still get 50–100 spams per day, but am too lazy to change my primary email address.

Yeah.. even getting a new one would last for just a couple of days, maybe weeks, unfortunately there's no cure for that these days. Entering it on nearly any commercial platform or just sending a mail to whatever commercial mail service will lead to the address being sold, a while later all the professional spammers will have your latest address. Using some kind of Bayesian spam filter (e.g. the one included in Thunderbird) with some training will keep them out of your way, although it still adds load to your internet connection downloading all this sh*t...

The free, happy internet from 1995 is history, it became a sh*thole of a snake pit over the decades ?

cbphoto

Gold Member

felonious69

I had a weak password for over a decade-I changed it though. No one hit me up for $300 is that some sort of class insult I probably don’t have it? Heck I can’t make any list on DW- not even the hit list.
Nobody ever hit me up for $300...probably cuz they already hacked the credit bureau and saw my rating(?)