Football Soccer World Cup

I like Bellingham at Dortmund. I'm glad to see he got his debut WC goal with a fine cross in. But I won't start giving England props until they do this outside of groups against stronger teams.

They looked impressive in groups during the Euros and sort of fizzled out later in that competition.
England had an absurdly easy group in the Euros - and crumbled against real opposition: stuffed twice by Belgium!
(I'm English, btw)

What? No props for Japan and Morocco?! What’s this thread coming to?:unsure::)
I'm back this evening from working away the last couple days. Plugging myself back into the matrix (aka football) from tomorrow morning.

P.s. Looks like Richarlisons value's gone up after tonight's match!

I'm back this evening from working away the last couple days. Plugging myself back into the matrix (aka football) from tomorrow morning.

P.s. Looks like Richarlisons value's gone up after tonight's match!
Watching Brasil is bitter sweet as a Madridista. I want to see Vini, Rodrygo, Militao, and yes, even Casimiro play well. But on the other hand, keep hoping that Neymar has the worst game of his career, every game...lol

But I do agree Richarlson played a great game and put in 2 great goals.

Does anyone have any new or updated predictions after the first round (and 2nd for Wales/Iran)?

- I knew Spain and France were going to show up strong, and still believe they are two of my favorites for this tourney.

- Japan wasn't necessarily a shocker, but they were strong against Germany and played better than I thought they would. Along with Brasil, who just looked average against Serbia (except Richarlson).

- Argentina will just continue to choke. Maybe not in the rest of groups, but knockouts will see them home early. Same with England, but I think England will go a little further than Argentina.

Watching Brasil is bitter sweet as a Madridista. I want to see Vini, Rodrygo, Militao, and yes, even Casimiro play well. But on the other hand, keep hoping that Neymar has the worst game of his career, every game...lol

But I do agree Richarlson played a great game and put in 2 great goals.
I’m no fan of Neymar (due to his antics) nor Richarlison (due to his link to Everton and his antics there against us) but I do like watching Brazil, always have.

Unfortunately I missed Brazils match last night due to travelling. I’ll have to watch it back on BBC iPlayer soon.

Will have to wait and see how Neymar’s ankle scan goes today, could well have played his last game already as the swelling and his crying on the bench didn’t look too good!

I’m still going with Brazil or Argentina for favourites currently. That’ll quickly change (!!!) if Argentina don’t react well to their opening loss in their next game and depending on what happens with Neymar.

Spain and France are looking very strong, early doors though. Can’t wait to see how they perform in their next matches.

Back