Fished outta the trash . Should they go right back ??‍♂️

Over50drumguy

Silver Member
Like the title says , my friend fished these outta the trash . I told friends starting a year ago if they see anything drum related to grab it . You never know what people throw out . I’ve only been brought a few items so far , all of it junk lol . But I did keep a lower end pre Paiste ..... Paiste crash/ride that I like the sound of . Can’t find too much on what’s in these pics .

a 16x16 Slingerland floor time in a sorta champagne sparkle . Black and gold badge ser # 160494with like a beige (painted?) interior .

Pearl MIJ 3 piece blue sparkle wrap in 12x8, 13x9 and 22x14 kick .Badge is black with gold, kinda like the ones on my 70’s wood fiberglass kit , but these don’t have wood fiberglass badge and definitely not fiberglass interiors no other markings, except a p, or a b or a d black ink stamp inside one Tom . Everything is in pretty rough condition but the hardware from the pearl looks like the same as on my wood fiberglass kit.regardless of what these are or were . The hardware is definitely cleanable and polishable so I may strip it all . I hate seeing usable stuff go to waste , especially instruments . Sorry about the pics , not technologically advanced and was trying to resize .
Well , am I putting em back out at the curb lol ! But would still be interesting to see what they are .
FDB59DEC-2BC4-44C6-9046-FC80FD40C416.jpeg8D7EC500-5DE3-4515-9251-9CF545B2A526.jpeg5F8B5F14-2EB5-4A16-A0D5-D78BEA13D2DF.jpeg96355176-90B5-4868-9D3A-2A33BA4FCAA2.jpegD3036DB6-724A-4134-A36E-4DA1E857BB11.jpegC2966043-EA0D-4D3B-BC0B-2A45295A07B3.jpeg1E5A854A-86D1-4B85-BD06-C92B00FF9C36.jpeg2AD85C12-7600-4DC5-82B0-B5B98EF644AE.jpeg

Last edited:
Well .... it's up to you, what you do. Like put it back out on the curb.

Stuff in this condition is sold on eBay as incomplete "project" drums. Other sellers would strip and clean all the hardware, and sell it in lots. Lugs, tone knobs, tom arms .... all has value to someone. But you have to decide it it's worth "your" time.

Well .... it's up to you, what you do. Like put it back out on the curb.

Stuff in this condition is sold on eBay as incomplete "project" drums. Other sellers would strip and clean all the hardware, and sell it in lots. Lugs, tone knobs, tom arms .... all has value to someone. But you have to decide it it's worth "your" time.

Yep. I absolutely get that . And they are in rough shape . But yes I would probably strip the hardware as I can use one or two things .

but I’d also be interested to know any info about what they are / were at one time if anyone knows . I find the history interesting and have seen and gotten some cool and interesting lessons on things I’ve seen members on DW post up .

I would definitely do something with the Slingerland Floor tom.

that’s what I was thinking . One of its lugs were on one of pearl toms and the bottom hoop was missing , but shell seems good . Maybe a re wrap, get a bottom hoop , and chrome polish , and tom leg feet and light sand on the bearing edges . . I may just stick this somewhere for. a future refurb or fun project to see what I’m capable of lol . But I’m not sure what it is . Year , wood , model or desirableness ??‍♂️.

Last edited:
Here's a good place to start your Slingerland info search. I believe they produced the 3 ply with reinforcement ring shell from '28-'81. But the painted interior dates the shell '66-'70/'71. http://www.vintagedrumguide.com/drcjw/article_3_shells10.html

Same site, different chapter ..... your Pearl's kinda look like this '72 catalog kit. http://www.vintagedrumguide.com/pearl_drumsets_1972.html

Thank for for the links kind sir , I’ll check em out . I had been researching the badge and getting nowhere really , when the fed ex guy showed up at my door with my starclasic bb kit . So of course I’ll have to pick up the research another time as I have some un boxing to do ???!!!!!

that’s what I was thinking . One of its lugs were on one of pearl toms and the bottom hoop was missing , but shell seems good . Maybe a re wrap, get a bottom hoop , and chrome polish , and tom leg feet and light sand on the bearing edges . . I may just stick this somewhere for. a future refurb or fun project to see what I’m capable of lol . But I’m not sure what it is . Year , wood , model or desirableness ??‍♂️.

There might be someone interested in that Slingerland floor tom as it sits. (Hint, hint!)

Well .... the Slingy floor tom is more there than not. Tom leg, missing lug .... easily replaced. Might have a hard time finding a proper 16" rim. Slingerland had the stick saver design. Kinda a popular mod. to non-Slingerland drums. I outfitted a Rogers XP8 kit with those (batter). But you have one. Put a generic on the bottom .... you're good to go for not much money. Get yourself a rack tom and a bass drum, and you've got a vintage kit.

From what I can gather it’s a 60’s Slingerland niles badge ( #160494)?floor tom , maple-poplar-mahogany with maple re rings in champagne sparkle . Size is 16x16 .

I have a 1966 Slingerland Gene Krupa model 1N kit with a floor tom just like that.

Attachments

• Slingerlan champagne kit smaller file.PNG
    Slingerlan champagne kit smaller file.PNG
    279.4 KB · Views: 9
Back