FINALLY! All my drums arrived and everything's set up..!

Didn't think so. I'll bet they sound as good as they look!
I love the RC's .... I've had 3 different kits. Well. my current is pre-RC 9000 series in chrome. 12x8, 16x16, 18x14. Before that, I had Natural Wood finish. 12x8, 13x9, 14x10, 14x14, 16x16, 22x14, 22x17.

Yamaha's oldest line ..... heck .... oldest drum line period, I think, from any manufacture. '78 started the 9000 series (split lug), and '80 started the long high tension lug RC's. 5000 series (Stage Customs) stared also in '80.

Yeah, hooked on 'em.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 12
Just read this enitre thread, Holy shit, there was a ton of info any opinions. refreshingly no name calling or insults flying. Nice choice and enjoy your kit

Jeez, what a great feeling...

And here are some pics! Because I promised. And sorry, the room isn't ours, the eggcrates were there already when we moved in, and the floor's all messed up and the boxes are still there - pretty ugly. So, yeah, not entirely our fault. But anyway, here are the drums - hopefully by the time you read this I'll have figured out how to do it, because my pics seem to be too big...
Very nice looking set up!

Thks for the cymbal review.
Anyway, very nice, love Yamaha, and you've got the same set up as me...everything moved to the left....cant beat it with the ride down low and close.

Thks for the cymbal review.
Anyway, very nice, love Yamaha, and you've got the same set up as me...everything moved to the left....cant beat it with the ride down low and close.
Yeah, it's really comfy that way, with the offset toms.

Lovely kit, any chance of a mini review of the PST7's.

The PST7s are good for the price but unless it's impossible to find the cash, you're better off going with 2002s if you plan to keep your cymbals for any length of time or if you gig on a regular basis.

Regrettably, they still have that telltale "clang" sound that you don't hear from professional grade cymbals. I wish it wasn't so but it's true. I dropped well over a grand on a set hoping that they would be giant killers but in then end, they weren't quite. Good budget cymbals but budget cymbals, nonetheless. I returned them and ponied up the difference for 2002s.

I think that judicious head selection and proper tuning can substantially mask a budget drum kit's pedigree but cymbals have nowhere to hide. Other than striking them properly, there's virtually nothing that you can do to make them sound better.

I hope I'm not raining on anybody's parade by saying so. At the end of the day, this is just one opinion.

The PST7s are good for the price but unless it's impossible to find the cash, you're better off going with 2002s if you plan to keep your cymbals for any length of time or if you gig on a regular basis.

Regrettably, they still have that telltale "clang" sound that you don't hear from professional grade cymbals. I wish it wasn't so but it's true. I dropped well over a grand on a set hoping that they would be giant killers but in then end, they weren't quite that. Good budget cymbals but budget cymbals, nonetheless. I returned them and ponied up the difference for 2002s.

I think that judicious head selection and proper tuning can substantially mask a budget drum kit's pedigree but cymbals have nowhere to hide. Other than striking them properly, there's virtually nothing that you can do to make cymbals sound better.

I hope I'm not raining on anybody's parade by saying so. At the end of the day, this is just one opinion.
Yeah, I agree. But I don't really need anything better - without good mics there won't be a huge difference. And I kinda like them, the crashes sound good imo.

Yeah, I agree. But I don't really need anything better - without good mics there won't be a huge difference. And I kinda like them, the crashes sound good imo.

For sure. If you don't need better then save your money for other things. And they do sound good; there's little doubt about that. (y)

Back