Female drummers

Wow I really don't care for drum solos.

I have respect for what they are doing but it moves me not.

One lady I've noticed is Emmanuelle Caplette. When I watched some of her videos I was really impressed with her drumming abilities and ofcourse her beauty with out dressing like a street Walker.

my favorite female drummers - who are probably not offended by me calling them female - are:

Anika Nilles - she has been a fav of mine for the past 7 years
Luanna Dametto - current drummer for Crypta/ex drummer for Nervosa - she has so much power and fluidity, I love watching her play
Eleni Nota - current drummer of Nervosa - also love her style and technique
Cindy Blackman Santana - so much phatness, groove and soul in her playing...and power too...
Karen Carpenter - not only a great set player, but also concert/orchestral player as well
The Caixa Trio - Julie Davilla**, Julie Hill, Amy Smith - awesome percussion chamber ensemble who I have done some master classes with in the past...

** Julie Davilla is also a key person in the evolution of modern corps style tenor/quads playing, and is foundational in how I teach my tenor players at school

ps...i just watched the video (I did not watch it before I replied) and saw Cindy, Anika and Luanna on it...weird

Last edited:
I don’t think I’ve seen a woman drummer dressed like a “street walker” while on the kit. Are you sure you’re watching drum videos?
Set the youtube search results filter to "view count".

Last edited:
my favorite female drummers - who are probably not offended by me calling them female - are:

Anika Nilles - she has been a fav of mine for the past 7 years
Luanna Dametto - current drummer for Crypta/ex drummer for Nervosa - she has so much power and fluidity, I love watching her play
Eleni Nota - current drummer of Nervosa - also love her style and technique
Cindy Blackman Santana - so much phatness, groove and soul in her playing...and power too...
Karen Carpenter - not only a great set player, but also concert/orchestral player as well
The Caixa Trio - Julie Davilla**, Julie Hill, Amy Smith - awesome percussion chamber ensemble who I have done some master classes with in the past...

** Julie Davilla is also a key person in the evolution of modern corps style tenor/quads playing, and is foundational in how I teach my tenor players at school

ps...i just watched the video (I did not watch it before I replied) and saw Cindy, Anika and Luanna on it...weird
thanks for good feedback

Epic fail.

What counts is music being played that connects with people.
There is no 'top 5' anything.
Drum solos are ok, but rarely connect with people as well as a great song, well performed (with passion from the heart).
It's a shame we have to highlight the gender, but I fully support female drummers and wish they did't have to be 'a thing' and were just great muscians (full stop).
If this were men my main complaint would be the same - no more 'top 5 drum solos'.

How do they get the laundry done..do dishes..dust the furniture AND find time to do a man's job (drumming). Can someone show me the way to the underground bomb shelter?.

Back