Female drummers

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
Wow I really don't care for drum solos.

I have respect for what they are doing but it moves me not.

lefty2

Platinum Member
One lady I've noticed is Emmanuelle Caplette. When I watched some of her videos I was really impressed with her drumming abilities and ofcourse her beauty with out dressing like a street Walker.

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

my favorite female drummers - who are probably not offended by me calling them female - are:

Anika Nilles - she has been a fav of mine for the past 7 years
Luanna Dametto - current drummer for Crypta/ex drummer for Nervosa - she has so much power and fluidity, I love watching her play
Eleni Nota - current drummer of Nervosa - also love her style and technique
Cindy Blackman Santana - so much phatness, groove and soul in her playing...and power too...
Karen Carpenter - not only a great set player, but also concert/orchestral player as well
The Caixa Trio - Julie Davilla**, Julie Hill, Amy Smith - awesome percussion chamber ensemble who I have done some master classes with in the past...

** Julie Davilla is also a key person in the evolution of modern corps style tenor/quads playing, and is foundational in how I teach my tenor players at school

ps...i just watched the video (I did not watch it before I replied) and saw Cindy, Anika and Luanna on it...weird

Last edited:

pocket player

my favorite female drummers - who are probably not offended by me calling them female - are:

Anika Nilles - she has been a fav of mine for the past 7 years
Luanna Dametto - current drummer for Crypta/ex drummer for Nervosa - she has so much power and fluidity, I love watching her play
Eleni Nota - current drummer of Nervosa - also love her style and technique
Cindy Blackman Santana - so much phatness, groove and soul in her playing...and power too...
Karen Carpenter - not only a great set player, but also concert/orchestral player as well
The Caixa Trio - Julie Davilla**, Julie Hill, Amy Smith - awesome percussion chamber ensemble who I have done some master classes with in the past...

** Julie Davilla is also a key person in the evolution of modern corps style tenor/quads playing, and is foundational in how I teach my tenor players at school

ps...i just watched the video (I did not watch it before I replied) and saw Cindy, Anika and Luanna on it...weird
thanks for good feedback