Fake Mesh drums

Yamaha Rider

Platinum Member
Hi folks,
bought an 'Alesis Mesh head drum trigger pad' from ebay because I need the bounce of mesh to work on my rolls and drags - what I received was a standard rubber/metal drum with a mesh head added by the seller.
So it looks like a mesh drum but doesn't function as one at all.
The seller is refusing a return/refund. Any thoughts?

contact ebay and say either fake item or item not as described
I did that, thankyou.
The guy is being totally obstructive - and claiming the wording covers him and there are other similar (conversions) for sale
I've told him he's given the impression of selling a genuine Alesis mesh drum - when it's just a diy lashup.
Is there a lot of this about?

I did that, thankyou.
The guy is being totally obstructive - and claiming the wording covers him and there are other similar (conversions) for sale
I've told him he's given the impression of selling a genuine Alesis mesh drum - when it's just a diy lashup.
I've never heard of anyone doing this before but the guy is a total scam artist and you should totally report him.

Labelling something as a mesh head in the sellers description should be exactly that (ie the trigger mounted directly underneath a mesh head with nothing else in between).

Looks like this guy found a way to cheat people out of their hard-earned by selling a rubber pad at a mesh head price...

I've never heard of anyone doing this before but the guy is a total scam artist and you should totally report him.

Labelling something as a mesh head in the sellers description should be exactly that (ie the trigger mounted directly underneath a mesh head with nothing else in between).

Looks like this guy found a way to cheat people out of their hard-earned by selling a rubber pad at a mesh head price...
My thoughts exactly 👍

I did that, thankyou.
yep, scam artists out there galore!

I did that, thankyou.
Yeah, anybody who pulls that kind of stuff, then says wording covers him, is a liar. Period. Report him.

Back