Fail or win?

LOL when all the other musicians walk off stage get ready for a long solo- nice recoup -was that same stick or did you pull up another- looks like two sticks for a second? I’ve never been one for stick twirling but it might be pretty cool to have a drum stick fall/save that appears like “magic” . You”re close here LOL

A win for the attempt, a win for the recovery, but a fail for it being noticeable. If that happened to me I don’t think I could stop laughing! I like the next video that popped up of your Tom and cymbal deciding to take a nap at the end of the song. A definite win there for recovery and avoiding any damage.

LOL when all the other musicians walk off stage get ready for a long solo- nice recoup -was that same stick or did you pull up another- looks like two sticks for a second? I’ve never been one for stick twirling but it might be pretty cool to have a drum stick fall/save that appears like “magic” . You”re close here LOL

Yes it was two sticks I had stuck away. I was about to get into the meat of the solo and if you look the stick kinda bounced somewhat around as it fell down. My hand follows it then it’s just gone. I didn’t even remember the other two sticks being there on the bass drum but as I’m sitting there looking at the stick roll under floor Tom and I spot the second pair and think “AHA!” I was so happy I spotted them I grabbed both and threw away the other stick in my left hand then started playing.

It all happens fast but the second the stick left my hand everything slowed way down.

Thx for watching

Last edited:
A win for the attempt, a win for the recovery, but a fail for it being noticeable. If that happened to me I don’t think I could stop laughing! I like the next video that popped up of your Tom and cymbal deciding to take a nap at the end of the song. A definite win there for recovery and avoiding any damage.

Thanks bro, yeah it was something lol. That second video on my channel was even crazier. If you pause it right before I leap for the drum it is pretty much gone lol I have no idea how I got to it so fast lol.

Last edited:
Everything happened so fast but at the same time happened so slow.

That's a fail - but it happens.

I was in a band once and this singer told me before the show that she had a dream that I dropped my stick mid-solo and man...my subconscious agreed that it was a good idea and it totally played out just like she said it would haha.

You gotta take a lesson from Nate Smith and just own it:

Nate Epic Save!!!!

Nate Epic Save!!!!

That bass player tho!

Ever dropped a stick and the other musicians just look at you while you’re soloing with one stick screaming at them to please hand you the stick that rolled over to their foot and they just keep staring and smiling ?.

Nice save Nate, man those drums are muffled

I'd say definite win for the record. Mark G talked about this on Zildjian's YT channel recently but these kind of moments are so exciting. Like 3:12 in this video, there's alot of energy created in moments of "mistakes"

Thanks bro! The crowd and guitarist busted out laughing when it happened and as long as they are being entertained I’m good to go lol

Reactions: CYP
That's a fail - but it happens.

I was in a band once and this singer told me before the show that she had a dream that I dropped my stick mid-solo and man...my subconscious agreed that it was a good idea and it totally played out just like she said it would haha.

You gotta take a lesson from Nate Smith and just own it:

F me, Nate is such a badass drummer. That was amazing.

Back