Exercises to help aging drummers carry heavy kits

Even if you can't really exercise a lot just increasing non-exercise thermogenesis by standing, walking around house or , if a drummer fidgeting, you burn a lot of calories doing that. I think now they have designer drugs to increase NEAT as well a programs for obese people since obese people have lower NEAT.
Before I quit working I got real interested in the relatively new field of metabologenomics and gut flora in health and disease. it's amazing the connection with gut and inflammation and disease and even cognitive ideology and what not. Without bacteria ,and viruses ironically ,there wouldn't likely be any complex life on earth-since plants, fungi and animals dependent on them both. No viruses too many bacteria and no other life-no bacteria no plants, animals or fungi. Phytoplankton produce majority of oxygen in atmosphere. The smallest things can really make a difference. One of the reasons I pursued cell biology is my amazement when first looking in a microscope-you mean all those individual cells somehow come together to produce "life/me"? I've never really gotten over that from my first introductory biology course-which at the time I was a business major.

Last edited:
Even if you can't really exercise a lot just increasing non-exercise thermogenesis by standing, walking around house or , if a drummer fidgeting, you burn a lot of calories doing that. I think now they have designer drugs to increase NEAT as well a programs for obese people since obese people have lower NEAT.
Before I quit working I got real interested in the relatively new field of metabologenomics and gut flora in health and disease. it's amazing the connection with gut and inflammation and disease and even cognitive ideology and what not. Without bacteria ,and viruses ironically ,there wouldn't likely be any complex life on earth-since plants, fungi and animals dependent on them both. No viruses too many bacteria and no other life-no bacteria no plants, animals or fungi. Phytoplankton produce majority of oxygen in atmosphere. The smallest things can really make a difference. One of the reasons I pursued cell biology is my amazement when first looking in a microscope-you mean all those individual cells somehow come together to produce "life/me"? I've never really gotten over that from my first introductory biology course-which at the time I was a business major.

You know, a person with gut problems such as c diff can have a poop transfer from a healthy persons gut and it usually remedies the problem.

GetAgrippa says: "LOL our lab was in the VA in Augusta GA, and down from our lab with the Poop research lab. I really thought it was a bunch of "crap" (especially with all the crap on the walls near centrifuges)," butt" turns out I don't know "crap"." "Thar's gold in them hills-right down in that valley.' Says Arippa.

Last edited:
GetAgrippa States: "Unblemished skin can often grow a pimple-it will pop and disappear, but a wart it persists. It's caused by a virus-be the wart grasshopper." in my bst Bruce Lee voice. "I'm moving from streaming to third person and more philosophical. " Says Arippa.

I think mostly it just becomes more important to stay active and stretch your body out before you do anything that could stress the muscle groups. I've noticed my recovery time is longer but I can avoid hurting anything with a good stretch and going for lots of walks and getting out a lot.

I think you burn more calories later in day when exercising-or it could be the morning-no it's the evening. And I think you store more calories eating later in the day. Late night munchies have always been my nemesis from everyone calling me "Oleo". I think are some genetic differences that determine which type caloric restriction will reduce your weight- carbs or fats. I took a course using the Heinz Book of Nutrition which almost everything I learned then has changed (especially regarding calories and metabolism)-though some changed and then reverted back (like the egg was the perfect food-then nope bad, now ok again0. It was a fun course-I took that and Aquatic Biology and Ecology course and was suppose to go Ossabaw island for some study but I broke my hand. Dang I'm remembering all sorts of stuff lately-it probably means I'm fixing to die. How can your life flash before your eyes if you don't remember?

This is a 15 minute low impact exercise routine for seniors. Mostly stretching and bending - it will improve your flexibility and ability to reach down and lift things. Highly recommended.

This is a 15 minute low impact exercise routine for seniors. Mostly stretching and bending - it will improve your flexibility and ability to reach down and lift things. Highly recommended.

You forgot something. Your sentence should read: Mostly stretching and bending - it will improve your flexibility and ability to reach down and lift things AND PUT THEM DOWN. Highly recommended.

Back