Ever had a band you just couldn't like

However, Bono.

Can I add Geldof and Morrissey to that list too.

Back on topic, the band for me would be Soundgarden.

There's nothing about the music I shouldn't like, great riffs, one of the best rock vocalists ever and Matt Cameron. Just can't get into it.

Strange thing there's nothing I hate about the music and I'm very love/hate these are one of those bands that are in the meh section. Even stranger is I loved Audioslave, Temple of the Dog and Pearl Jam are one of my favourite bands ever!

This is the post that gets me banned from the site, but you asked!

CCR, The Who, The Doors, Grateful Dead, Joplin, Hendricks, Skynyrd (I’ll puke if I hear one more person yell out phfreee bhiiiird!) and anything modern with Cookie Monster lyrics! I always feel I have to be in an altered state to even get any of them.......running for the door!

Precisely why I can’t seem to be able to find a band to join. Except for the Cookie Monster part, the others seem to be a requirement!

This is the post that gets me banned from the site, but you asked!

CCR, The Who, The Doors, Grateful Dead, Joplin, Hendricks, Skynyrd (I’ll puke if I hear one more person yell out phfreee bhiiiird!) and anything modern with Cookie Monster lyrics! I always feel I have to be in an altered state to even get any of them.......running for the door!

Precisely why I can’t seem to be able to find a band to join. Except for the Cookie Monster part, the others seem to be a requirement!

YOU'RE OUT!!!
j/k...

Love CCR, like Skynard. The rest I can take or leave...

As for Ghost, I didn't listen to them for a long time, because I assumed based on their reputation and their look, they were extreme metal, along the lines of black metal or similar. So funny enough when I finally gave them a chance, they sound more pop than extreme metal. They have more in common with Abba then what I think a satanic metal band would sound like. I find it kind of funny.

My. Thoughts. Exactly.

The OP presents a really interesting question though. The only band that comes to mind is Rage Against the Machine. I love the sound, but the whole anti-establishment, rebellion, anti-capitalism thing is old hat to me...and, not trying to pick a fight here, but RATM seems to have benefited GREATLY from capitalism. I also hate how Green Day went from a snotty-nosed-kid-like pop-punk band to concentrating on politics. Not trying to get into any sort of political discussion, but I tend to shy away from politics in music these days.

Reactions: TJK
Led Zepplin, The Doors, Grateful Dead, The Monkees, and I'm sure others will come to mind once the espresso kicks in.

Let me buy you a beer ;-)

You don't know how many incredulous looks, gasps for breath and how much verbal abuse I've received when telling people I've never been into Led Zep.

My. Thoughts. Exactly.

The OP presents a really interesting question though. The only band that comes to mind is Rage Against the Machine. I love the sound, but the whole anti-establishment, rebellion, anti-capitalism thing is old hat to me...and, not trying to pick a fight here, but RATM seems to have benefited GREATLY from capitalism. I also hate how Green Day went from a snotty-nosed-kid-like pop-punk band to concentrating on politics. Not trying to get into any sort of political discussion, but I tend to shy away from politics in music these days.

Agreed on both counts. Even as a teenager I thought RATM was so disingenuous (although it could be argued they used "the system" to get their message across...whatever) As for Green Day, maybe they just grew up, although I always preferred their adolescent approach more. I guess I was at the perfect age when they gave us albums like "Kerplunk" and "Dookie".

I grew up on punk music but can listen to very little of it now that I'm older and have matured a bit, ESPECIALLY the political/social stuff. I guess I always preferred the ones who hit on more universal themes like interpersonal relationships or were more abstract. This is why I could still spin a Descendents or Black Flag album but I don't see myself listening to say Dead Kennedys or Bad Religion again.

The Beatles.......they've got it all. The melodies, catchy riffs, but for the life of me..........I can't stand them.

The Who......great musos, great attitude, but for the life of me.......they sound like a garbled mess.

Pearl Jam........always in the charts, well established sound, but for the life of me..........their sound does absolutely nothing for me.

Mahavishnu Orchestra.........when I started playing, I just bought EVERY style of music, Miles Davis? Yeah, kinda understand that, Coltrane? Yeah, kinda understand that. Mahavishnu Orchestra?......I have never understood a single bloody note that they play. They are a technical powerhouse of a band, but for the life of me........I just don't like them.

Ted Nugent, Love the music and how it is presented live but once he got political I just could not take it. Funny thing is I don't disagree with everything he says although I do disagree with most of it and I know people change but come one man...You dodged the draft!! Shut up already!!

[/QUOTE]The Who......great musos, great attitude, but for the life of me.......they sound like a garbled mess.

Seriously? Have you listened to Tommy? Quadraphenia? Who's Next? Tremendous albums and not ragged or garbled at all. Granted, live the original 4 members were at times not exactly "on", but they put on one of the greatest live shows of any band, bar none. Especially Moon and Townshend.

I never cared for Bon Jovi.I dunno, just never clicked. The Smitheereens, though. That's a Jersey band that I asmired.

Anything I'm subjected to while in the grocery store.

As far as themes, no. Musically, yes. Tool specifically as an example. I just can't get into them. Their music puts me in a foul mood. They have everything as a band that I would be into, but I just can't do it and I don't know why. Some other bands get similar results.

I feel the exact same way. There is just something about it. Hard to explain specifically.

Back