End of backline kits! :)

roncadillac

Platinum Member
I can't use certain trigger words or else this thread will get closed faster then the NY borders so I'll use the word 'this'.

With all of 'this' going on in the world, do you think we've finally reached the end of being forced into backline kits? No more 90's rockstar kits with factory heads beaten into soup bowls, no more moving blanket stuffed bass drums, no more bent cymbals stands, NO MORE DUCT TAPE!

Brothers and sisters, lend your ears... We are entering the age of finally being allowed to use our own drums and not a backline!

I formally declare that the 2020's will be the decade of no backline drums!

OR... we still will have to use them and the sound guy's new favorite phrase to utter while ignoring you so he can 'dial in' your DI'ed bass player is, "don't worry man... I lysol'ed those" lol

Yeah, they'll probably just spray them down with disinfectant.

Nothing wrong with backline kits, saves having your tubs smashed up 'Wreck It Ralph'

We all gotta have a dream though dude!

I frequently use small 2pc kits and have gone as far as to say "I'm not a drummer, I use a percussion rig. You wouldn't force a guitar player to use a piano!" That usually works.

I also am a legit card carrying member of the 'terrible shoulder arthritis' club and have gone as far as to say 'unfortunately your backline kit doesn't meet the ergonomic disability plan my physician has laid out so I have to use my specially arranged set to not promote further damage to my body." That also usually works

Back