DW finish ply costs

Also, take the plunge and offer.

I did offer almost 2k less than it was listed for (because I didn't want the two other rack toms as they weren't my exact sizes) and it was accepted and so got my dream set. It should be here in 1,5 week.

Here in Europe all the hardware (Chrome and Black Nickel are priced the same). Black Nickel and plated Black Chrome will chip eventually too, but not as quick as powder-coated Black Chrome though.

^^^this !

Everything is always negociable.

Make an offer, what's the worst that can happen ? A good firm "No" not to be taken personnally and move on.

It's just business, plain and simple.

Last edited:
The DW Purple Diamond (or Marine) from the 90s was not the deep rich purple like above. It was the bright, lighter purple. With the gold (or brass) hardware, it was a lot to take in. It looked much better with the black or chrome hardware. I've been trying to find an archived photo of it to no avail.
</derail>

Sorry, but I gotta ask...

...how sure are you that you want a DW kit? Have you played many Collector's kits? Not saying they're bad drums. There are just sooo many options out there. Just curious!

...how sure are you that you want a DW kit? Have you played many Collector's kits? Not saying they're bad drums. There are just sooo many options out there. Just curious!

I’ve played a couple and really liked them. All my Hardware is DW 9000 except the seat, which is a 5000. I’m OCD in that I like to keep it in the family ie; drums and hardware from the same company. I don’t like to mix n’ match.
I’ve settled on a lacquer finish, nothing wild and crazy. Will probably go with 7x10, 8x12 toms
12x14, 14x16 floors and 16x22 bass drum. Just deciding between Oak or Purple Heart. I’m leaning towards the PH.

I’ve played a couple and really liked them. All my Hardware is DW 9000 except the seat, which is a 5000. I’m OCD in that I like to keep it in the family ie; drums and hardware from the same company. I don’t like to mix n’ match.
I’ve settled on a lacquer finish, nothing wild and crazy. Will probably go with 7x10, 8x12 toms
12x14, 14x16 floors and 16x22 bass drum. Just deciding between Oak or Purple Heart. I’m leaning towards the PH.

Well, if you like them and have the cash, then I say go for it!

I’ll be ordering a kit in the next week or two, and although it’s likely going to be a DW, a Gretsch Brooklyn in Satin Maple is loudly calling my name. I usually don’t like natural maple kits, because I find them too blonde and washed out. The Gretsch‘s have a slightly honey or ambrish tint which is beautiful.

Back