Drummers gig carts Recommendations ?

Rock-N-Roller cart for sure. The R12RT with the all terrain wheels/tires is the best all around cart in my opinion. It can go indoors and anywhere outdoors. I started with an R8 due to size constraints of my vehicle. Ultimately I added on a R18RT for additional load capacity and the ability to haul over rough terrain. If I had to purchase only one hands down it would be the R12RT: it should easily handle anything you throw at it. Whatever you choose make sure to get a model with the rough terrain wheels.

Rock-N-Roller cart for sure. The R12RT with the all terrain wheels/tires is the best all around cart in my opinion. It can go indoors and anywhere outdoors. I started with an R8 due to size constraints of my vehicle. Ultimately I added on a R18RT for additional load capacity and the ability to haul over rough terrain. If I had to purchase only one hands down it would be the R12RT: it should easily handle anything you throw at it. Whatever you choose make sure to get a model with the rough terrain wheels.
Thanks

I'm thinking about getting a Rocknroller R2 or R6, or perhaps another brand.

Do any of you use Rocknroller (or similar) cart for gigs? How many trips does it take? Is it stable enough?

Would the smallest R2 model get the job done? I've seen most say the R2 requires 2 trips instead of one. But what about the R6?

Any recommendations would be helpful!

I searched rocknrollercart and found a thread about them but couldn't figure out how to post a link here for you. I looked at them on line, the r12 is kind of high priced $300

I have an RT-8 that been an absolute workhorse for over 10 years. It's never failed me once. I have a small car as you can see, so I didn't want wheels that were too big.

IMG_8911.jpg

Last edited:
I searched rocknrollercart and found a thread about them but couldn't figure out how to post a link here for you. I looked at them on line, the r12 is kind of high priced $300
I got the R10 to save money. It’s great but I should have gotten the 12 because of the two bigger wheels. Helps when going through grass or dirt.

Well now I've gone & done it. I told my wife about the R12RT and she said I really need one. I told her I'd rather spend $300 on a cymbal & she said if I by another cymbal before a cart, she would discombooberate it.

Well now I've gone & done it. I told my wife about the R12RT and she said I really need one. I told her I'd rather spend $300 on a cymbal & she said if I by another cymbal before a cart, she would discombooberate it.
You'll immediately ask yourself, "Why did I buy one of these years a go?" 😀

When I bought one, it was $165, and it was the smartest piece of gear I ever bought. I don't use it all the time, but it has made the load-in a LOT easier in countless situations. Over the years, I have changed the front wheels and tires a couple of times, but it's held up well otherwise. Right now, it could use a little WD-40, but that is easy enough to do.

Bearded Drums can fit his compact kit on the R2 in one trip. I don't think a full-sized 4-piece kit would fit though.

Most of you went for the larger models. (R8, R10, R12) Spending $240-$330 on a cart seems a little crazy, but maybe it's worth it in the long run.

I dunno, would the R2 or R6 get the job done?

@BobC, wow, the price has really skyrocketed.

Rock & Roller for sure. Mine is the mid-size-ish R8, and it's still going strong after 13 years and hundreds of gigs.

_drum_cart.jpg

That's really close to the size of my setup. Is that a 13/16/22?
Those would be 22" & 16". The length isn't fully extended, I have it set-up kind of mid-extension for those sizes. And it happens to fit perfectly in my Odyssey, so I don't have to fold it down or set it up - it just goes in the back as-is and lives there. (Yep, I have a photo for everything!)

_drum_cart_in_car.jpg

Back