drummer sues to keep his place in the band

I just skipped through the video, watching little segments, but he certainly seems fine. Of course, it's just the first song, but still:
Hm. It's now clear that the bigger tragedy is Brad Whitford's beard. Is he goin' prospectin' after the show? :D

Imagine the beef Billy Joels drummer , Liberty DeVitto would have in that case. 30 years and oh by the way you aren't going on this tour.
well back in 2010 billy joel settled a lawsuit with liberty over unpaid royalties to the former drummer, so i dont think theres any major love loss between those two

Reactions: TJK
Because their lifestyles are dependent on the income coming in. I know for a fact Joey had to stay in his Florida home for a period of time because he & his family no longer liked their mansion with a nine car garage and guest house. They loved the property though so they demolished everything and built new ones.
Yeah, if you read Joey's autobiography, it becomes clear he spends his money as fast as he can earn it, and seems to have no regard for saving.

He does through high-end sports cars like socks, and he builds and tears down mansions over trivial items.

I’ve been going through all of Neil Pearts books in recent weeks and in ‘Far and Wide’ he tells a short story about the period where Rush supported Aerosmith - which incidentally Joe Perry denied...

Agmost some of it he recalls Steven Tyler forever berating Joey Kramer about his tempos during each soundcheck.

I think there are two sides to every story as Kramer doesn’t come across as very level headed in his autobiography also but he’s lasted this long too.

Either way I don’t envy him for the band he’s in. Seems like way too much hassle/egos.

However, I’m sure the old pay checks/royalties helped!!

Last edited:
I’ve been going through all of Neil Pearts books in recent weeks and in ‘Far and Wide’ he tells a short story about the period where Rush supported Aerosmith - which incidentally Joe Perry denied...

Agmost some of it he recalls Steven Tyler forever berating Joey Kramer about his tempos during each soundcheck.

I think there are two sides to every story as Kramer doesn’t come across as very level headed in his autobiography also but he’s lasted this long too.

Either way I don’t envy him for the band he’s in. Seems like way too much hassle/egos.

However, I’m sure the old pay checks/royalties helped!!

Tyler being a control freak is why he has a player of Joey Kramer’s ability in the first place. Tyler’s talent screams for a player at Bonham’s level, but someone like Bonham wouldn’t put up with that.

Yeah, if you read Joey's autobiography, it becomes clear he spends his money as fast as he can earn it, and seems to have no regard for saving.

He does through high-end sports cars like socks, and he builds and tears down mansions over trivial items.

I know his son. Back in ‘01 my band at the time and I were on tour and we stayed with him at the Aerosmith Compound as we called it in the pool house. Jesse totally used it as his party house.

It was hilarious watching the two of them together. It was the same father & son relationship we all have with Jess busting Joey’s balls.

And of course Joey was waxing one of those 9 expensive cars as we were leaving.

I look at it he was a founding member of Aerosmith since 1970 and with that their rises and falls. I've never seen the Bad Boyz from Boston in concert but they were hugely popular back in their day-sure can think of a lot of great times listening to there then new albums. I think it all sounds sad to me without really knowing any details-on so many levels. I would think them all pretty well off and makes me wonder about loyalties especially since all of them now are old and doubtful as capable as when in their youth. There's a whole bunch of old bands from 60 to present still touring around milking their past success-because it's generational I don't think people attending really care it's not quite as good as their youth because they aren't young and as spry either LOL.

Not so much an update on the legal proceedings as it is a preview of the current lineup:

From what I heard Steve Perry and Herbie Herbert were behind this. I can see it. Herbie’s probably hurting for cash after being dismissed from the band and Perry just to be a jerk.

George Schwindt the x drummer for Flogging Molly recently went through this as well.
He was kicked out because the band said he looked tired and not well. It was BS.
He had some meter issues for sure and I'm thinking there was a personality conflict.
I think they're all still in court over it.

A little off topic but for interest sake, take a look at the documentary "Hired Gun". Incredibly interesting first hand account of many musicians
who are hired by bands and artists and how their life is as a hired/fired musician.
Here's a link to the description. I'm not sure if it's on Netflix or Amazon these days.

Just watched the vid. Show biz is a very nasty place as u get older and the guy kinda looks old compared to the rest of the band...could that b the reason....cruel thing to say I know but.....

Back