drummer sues to keep his place in the band

Another strange case was when Chicago fired Danny Seraphine ( one of my favorite drummers) in 1990.
They said it was due to his 'playing' but as usual there were other reasons in motion that DS references in his biography and interviews.

Reactions: TJK
Another strange case was when Chicago fired Danny Seraphine ( one of my favorite drummers) in 1990.
They said it was due to his 'playing' but as usual there were other reasons in motion that DS references in his biography and interviews.
Funny how that works, when a founding member gets fired. He's OK now with California Transit Authority

Danny Seraphine, Stan Lynch, Joey Kramer, Pete Best Liberty DeVito....there must be more famous drummer firings.

Didn't Steven Adler face the same situation sort of with GnR?

Danny Seraphine, Stan Lynch, Joey Kramer, Pete Best Liberty DeVito....there must be more famous drummer firings.

Didn't Steven Adler face the same situation sort of with GnR?

He was fired for being a drug addict. By other drug addicts. Stupid decisions of young people...

It's Aerosmith, FFS. I recall coming home from work sometime right after Toys in the Attic was released. My younger brother and his friends were in our basement listening to it. I walked in shaking my head. My brother yelled "Give us a break, we're 16 years old!"

Imagine the beef Billy Joels drummer , Liberty DeVitto would have in that case. 30 years and oh by the way you aren't going on this tour.
Billy Joel nor anyone from his management called Liberty. Wasn’t that in Hired Guns?

You find out right away who is King(s) of a band. After you make the "big time" everybody else is disposable. Besides playing drums, did they help with lyrics and/or writing the music? Just because they have tenure doesn't mean the band needs them to carry on.
My guess is there is always more going on than we (fans/outsiders) know.

Since Aerosmith is kind of a lame band I'm going to be an insensitive jerk for a moment. For the sake of humor of course.
They are one of the examples of how they would/could have become legendary if one of their members died around 1978 to have prevented the horror of "music" that happened after. :)
And what band are you in? Oh sorry, you're on YouTube...

Clearly a back channel submission by their agent. I would hate to be a publisher who is paid to knowingly publish outright falsehoods.

I tweeted to the author of the article that she may want to do a follow up. We'll see if there's any follow up or not.

Funny how that works, when a founding member gets fired. He's OK now with California Transit Authority

Danny is still playing extremely well, even at 71! He never lost his chops; just the political battle within the band! I will see him and CTA in Florida in a few weeks (probably the 6-7 time I have seem them) ; he always plays his heart out and they have some world class players in that band!

I watched the Aerosmith performance at the Grammys. The drummer they had wore sunglasses, had teased hair similar to Kramer's, and I'm guessing is around 45-60 years of age. Unless someone knew who Joey Krammer is and what he looks like, they would have thought it was him and not a sub playing drums. The two non-original member DJ's RUN-DMC had got more screen time than the substitute drummer, Brad Whitford, and Tom Hamilton. I get it's the "Steve & Joe" show, but if it was about celebrating their 50 years, things fell short.

As for the performance, RUN-DMC saved Aero's butt. Steven Tyler sounded horrible and did some random caterwauling that was on the edge of the David Lee Roth journey of regret. If Kramer wasn't able to do what the sub-drummer did, then I'm guessing he's struggling to play to tracks, or definitely has a physical limitation. And I'm not downplaying what it takes to maintain a beat or to play with tracks appropriately, just saying if JK could do both of those (and there isn't any other b.s. drama going on), then he would've been on stage...IMO.

It'll be interesting to see how things develop (or don't) for their hometown show in September. Hopefully Joey and Stephen Tyler can fix their ailments by then. - https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/aerosmith-50th-anniversary-boston-fenway-park-943754/

Back