Drum Shops Worldwide

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
Batera Clube Brazil
Dave’s Drumshop Canada

Both superB shops.

Thanks on Dave's!

Is Batera Clube online only? I can't find a street address on them.

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
Av Joao Veloso Da Silva, 1171, , Guarulhos, São Paulo, Brazil.

At appointment base.
It looks like a house. Is this an actual store that someone can visit?

riotgrrrl

For fellow Europeans, or people new to Europe, etc, Thomann is amazing. They are not the best all-around drum shop, but their prices for certain items and accessories is pretty competitive and impressive. They are also pretty quick about orders. I've had nothing but great experiences with them. Plus, you can't beat the free shipping in countries where they have an outlet! Would highly recommend.

Drum Mer

Platinum Member
For fellow Europeans, or people new to Europe, etc, Thomann is amazing. They are not the best all-around drum shop, but their prices for certain items and accessories is pretty competitive and impressive. They are also pretty quick about orders. I've had nothing but great experiences with them. Plus, you can't beat the free shipping in countries where they have an outlet! Would highly recommend.
Do remember you are partly helping destroying the smaller local stores when ordering from Thomann.

I have seen this happen on more than one occasion, and we now have no real drum stores anymore besides one (and they even have a hard time).

Same goes for guitar stores.

I only order from them when there is no option locally or the prices are over a hundred bucks more.

Supergrobi

Technical Supervisor
Staff member
Do remember you are partly helping destroying the smaller local stores when ordering from Thomann.

I have seen this happen on more than one occasion, and we now have no real drum stores anymore besides one (and they even have a hard time).

I only order from them when there is no option locally or the prices are over a hundred bucks more.

True, and this is a really sad development. But.

When I walked into my local music store asking about grain orientation, finishes and sizes for my new Collectors he was like "oh DW, have to take a look who's the distributor for Germany". He wasn't even aware that there's different grain orientations available. Giving Thomann a call I immediately got a guy on the phone who explained all the details about grain orientation, helped in choosing the right sizes, explained pros and cons of the different DW hardware series, told me the differences between the 5000 and the 9000 double pedal, went through the finishes available and their pricing - and offered a price I couldn't resist.

My point is that if there's lots of gear around and you have lots of staff available you'll have a much better chance to get a guy with lots of knowledge about your preferred instrument/brand on the phone. All the local music and drum stores around my place drowned because they've been stuck in their very own bubbles, even not knowing about their own range of items, let alone other stuff available on the market - while Thomann always surprised me with awesome consulting, support, pricing and service.

YMMV.

SVBJECT

I ordered one thing from them - a drum stool with pneumatic seat adjustment. Paid, and then had to pay a load of tax for imports. Okay, fine but a new side effect of brexit, so a little unexpected, and then I paid the tax and still didn't come for ages and I had to email Thomann repeatedly with proof or payment because their chosen courier didn't believe I'd paid it or something.
Then when it arrived, the pneumatic element didn't work and I complained and just got f****d about with customer services. Can't really remember the details but it was something like I sent a video of the lever doing nothing at all and they said they could only accept photo attachments or something stupid like that. Ended up just giving up and losing nearly 100 on a stool that wasn't the right height and I couldn't adjust. I gave it away in the end.

Will never use Thomann again, basically.

mday

Will never use Thomann again, basically.
Well we all have good & bad experiences with lot's of suppliers. I got the runaround with a computer from the company that rhymes with Hell but others swear by them.

Over the years have had a fair few items from Thomann; no issues, even after brexit. IIRC they have an outlet in the UK so no import duty (well I haven't paid any yet). Last purchase involved some mic stands. The threading on one was imperfect & they sent me another PDQ & didn't want the faulty one back - repaired with some permanent loctite.

Also visit Graham Russell in Fareham any time I'm in the area - great service too.

RichFaulk

Hate to say it but a lot of times "local drum shops" don't have the inventory or the knowledge people need. I always buy local if I can but my purpose is to acquire the specific gear/information I need, not keep a business alive that can't provide what I need.

Drum Mer

Platinum Member
Hate to say it but a lot of times "local drum shops" don't have the inventory or the knowledge people need. I always buy local if I can but my purpose is to acquire the specific gear/information I need, not keep a business alive that can't provide what I need.
And you know why they lack inventory and sometimes knowledge?

Because big retailers can buy in bulk and get the best deals first over smaller shops.

Also brands send reps to bigger retailers first for training or invite them for this which can be expensive for the smaller shops.

RichFaulk

And you know why they lack inventory and sometimes knowledge?

Because big retailers can buy in bulk and get the best deals first over smaller shops.

Also brands send reps to bigger retailers first for training or invite them for this which can be expensive for the smaller shops.
So is it the chicken or the egg?

Chris Whitten

Silver Member
Over the years have had a fair few items from Thomann; no issues, even after brexit. IIRC they have an outlet in the UK so no import duty (well I haven't paid any yet).
Everything Thomann comes out of Germany. I have certainly paid tax coming into the UK. Sometimes the customs can't be bothered and it squeezes through, other times the tax alone can be half as much as the item I bought.

Black page

You can also visit this list in its own window/tab, missing all the forums chrome around.

Want to see your favorite drum shop in the list?

Please reply to this post, adding all required information:
  • Global Region europe
  • Country the Netherlands
  • State (only relevant for the US, e.g. AZ, WA, TX)
  • Metro Area Amsterdam
  • City Lijnden
  • Name Terpstra muziek
  • Address Melbournestraat 2, 1175 RM Lijnden
  • Website https://www.terpstra-muziek.nl/contact
  • Why? Official Ludwig dealer

!

Last edited:

Black page

I think Piet due to his age hardly does any selling (but his store is a gem still).
I think we need to elaborate on this. His store is situated in a old house at a dike. It's impossible to imagine what's behind door when you stand in front of it. The front part of the store is stuffed from top to bottom. In the back resides the treasure. Around 1500 cymbals, mainly from small Turkish manufacturers like Agean, Masterwork and Bosphurus. If you check his website you can see a small part of it.

One of his stories is about Charlie Watts typical Ufip China. The last one came from his store....

A gem it is...

Www.drumservice.nl

Drum Mer

Platinum Member
I think we need to elaborate on this. His store is situated in a old house at a dike. It's impossible to imagine what's behind door when you stand in front of it. The front part of the store is stuffed from top to bottom. In the back resides the treasure. Around 1500 cymbals, mainly from small Turkish manufacturers like Agean, Masterwork and Bosphurus. If you check his website you can see a small part of it.

One of his stories is about Charlie Watts typical Ufip China. The last one came from his store....

A gem it is...

Www.drumservice.nl

I think Steve Jordan visited him too with the last tour of John Mayer when he was making the rounds in the Amsterdam area, searching for cool snares.