Drum Kit made from Reclaimed Closet Doors

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
This is a perfect example of why construction is more important than materials. Those drums sound horrible, even with the "better" wood.

I'm a bit miffed that he got brand new, donated heads. The rest of us who actually play have to buy those things. Even manufacturers have to buy heads.

someguy01

Me: adds up time spent and adds monetary value.
Also me: He could've bought like 2 or 3 stage customs with the investment in that "kit"
Still me: Could've picked up a CB kit for free and made it sound like that

Basically, cool bud, you did a thing. IMO you wasted a lot of time and a perfectly good set of Remo heads that could've gone to a school band.

Cmdr. Ross

Silver Member
Outlaw drums from Georgia does this best. Uses reclaimed barn and house wood.
Love those guys. They were the first stave built company I heard of. Add to the fact that they use reclaimed wood from buildings & fences that many were up during the civil war was a ringer for me.
So not only are you playing a handcrafted drum, but a piece of history as well.

Will248

Old Dog new Cans

I've been watching this guy in Ohio build drums since I got back into drumming a few years ago.

This is the first of four with this particular build. He is using old doors out of his former high school--which was torn down. Anyway, something to watch if you're bored.

beatdat

This exemplifies the old adage that, just because you can, doesn’t mean you should.

Even the Burswood drum set I stripped down, cleaned and slapped some decent heads on sounds better than this.