Drum Instruction DVD & Book Reviews

casual reminder tha JoJo Mayer secret weapons for the modern drummer is an absolute classic

casual reminder tha JoJo Mayer secret weapons for the modern drummer is an absolute classic
Thanks, bookmarked. Never knew anything about Jojo; after a quick research, find out more about this incredible guy.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I am an editor of a Helpful site that produces specific educational essays on consumerism of music instruction materials; podcasts, DVDs, and books. I had a solid experience in providing research information mainly to music school students. Spent a solid amount of time playing my drums in my backyard garage.

Last edited:
Tommy Igoe's Great Hands for a Lifetime is my favourite for hand technique next to Jo Jo Mayer's excellent DVD's on hand and Foot Technique.

For all those ,drummers interested to study with this ''RARE'' video, please
E-Mail me ., [email protected] ., for more Informactions,.-
,x,- Andrew Cyrille .,dr ''.Drums Method.'' Teaching Music For
Drumming-Style.-

,,.-

- x -

Re: DRUM INSTRUCTION DVD REVIEWS

NAME:
Drumming Technique/History of the U.S. Beat
STAR RATING:
#####
WORDED RATING
The most comprehensive compalation on the drumset and the way has been played and has evolved since it's inception.
TARGET AUDIENCE
All levels and styles.
PUBLISHED BY:
Hudson Music
DESCRIPTION:
History of the U.S. Beat: Disc One
We all need the lessons that are taught by Steve on this ultra informative DVD.
I have never seen such a great tutorial on how the drumset and all it's variations came about. Steve has done his homework on this one, from early Neworleans jazz, to gospel, the Beatles, Bonham and More modern applications such as Jazz/Rock. All displayed by Vital Information in a great set of music at the end of disc two. If your a serious student of the instrument you need this DVD set.

Drumset Technique: Disc Two
Practical application of many techniques on the drumset for all styles of music. Detailed breakdown of Moeller hand technique and practice methods. Also great foot technique lesson taught to Steve by Freddie Gruber. Superb audio and video quality thruout all exampels and performance footage. I have watched this DVD countless times since my wife bought it for me two years ago and I always learn something.

Put into words Steve Smith is a modern master on the Drums set and is here to encourage you to practice, practice, practice and reap the rewards.
Love this DVD! A great resource and refresher course.

Back