Drink holder for your drums anyone?

Just a question for those who use a drink holder, what does the holder do better than the floor ?
Generally we have a sip in between song, the floor isn't a far reach ? Just asking.
Personally I keep a bottle of water by my seat or Next to the floor tom, so it's not far from me and doesn't appear on the photographs.

OK this is quite the puzzling response.
I'm not committing to any of this until I know what Prince Henry actually did, and how that relates to being Australian, and if it was a good thing, or a dastardly thing. I'm guessing Henry wasn't/isn't a drummer

If I am a descendant, I'm unaware if the connection. As far as I know, there's no Australian blood in my veins either.

:)

Ah, well Prince Henry and Australians have been known to drink out of shoes, so I figured maybe you're a distant cousin of one them. Mind you, they were known to actually pour their drinks into shoes and drink out of them... so maybe you're not.

Just a question for those who use a drink holder, what does the holder do better than the floor ?
Generally we have a sip in between song, the floor isn't a far reach ? Just asking.
Personally I keep a bottle of water by my seat or Next to the floor tom, so it's not far from me and doesn't appear on the photographs.

I use them in situations where it might get kicked over, like a long practice.

"When I saw this I said to myself, hey, I can make one of those." Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can applaud the ingenuity, and $12 saved, but I don't think a flimsy twisted coat hanger is exactly the same as the thicker, much more sturdy product it's copying, especially over time. And as Bermuda mentioned, it's kinda ugly. Whatever gets you through the night, though! A Swirly might be too thick to fit on a FT like that anyway, but I'm not sure about that.

Keeps drinks from getting spilled, saves time between songs, saves bending over to get the drink, and bending over again to set it back down. I didn't think it would matter much, but it did...to me. Ymmv. The same reason I'd rather eat my plate of food off a table than the floor. It's just more comfortable.

On-Stage makes a smaller one, an easy carry and a good fit for a bourbon and water. I have that one too.

Last edited:
I was in a spot where I had to get something this morning. I got the On Stage version.

Update:

I've used my On Stage drink holder at a handful of shows and it works great! One thing I really like is that the bracket is actually metal, it's durable, and holds a variety of containers. I like that it hugs up against the stand more than the others and doesn't stick out too much.

cup.jpg

I’ve been using a Gibraltar drink holder in my hi-hat stand for years and it works perfectly.

Here is my take on the definitive holder.

Vater.PNG

I'm not a fan of using the floor. I have had too many bandmates kick their drink.

Hmmmmmm. My permanent one is the Gibraltar which is clamped to my Hi-Hat Stand. I have also recently bought a BDC "Joes Butler" but school is out on that due to it's bulk...........

IMG_1085 by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

I've never used a drink holder. And now with the Devo band playing a little over an hour, that's not enough time to be drinking something anyway. I just burn for the whole show, then get a drink after we're done.

I play in socks, so my shoes make a nice drink holder lol. There's enough stuff to think about.

I end up doing this as well sometimes. I usually just use the floor though. I actually had a gig this summer - 3 hours in the sun at a vintage tractor associations summer gathering; 98*F, no shade. I used my Osprey Raptor 14 hydration pack from when I mountain bike. It holds 3 liters of water and fits right on my back. We were in T-shirts and shorts for that, so the "uniform" was not compromised. I put ice cubes in the bladder the night before and kept it in the freezer. Filled with water the next day, and it stayed relatively cold. I could sip the whole time with minimal effort.

That gig sucked weather-wise, but everything else about it was totally rad

I now use that at any summer gig. It sits on the floor or, up against my HH stand, and I can sip real quick. It also has uber pockets, so 3 pairs of sticks, brushes, drum keys, snacks, and other stuff also go in it. My bike tool is also there for repairs of most anything. I can even fit a change of clothes in it if I pack it right...

I've been playing drums since 1975. Since that time I have always used one very reliable drink holder. The floor.

I've been playing drums since 1975. Since that time I have always used one very reliable drink holder. The floor.

I've been trying to justify attaching even, a cheap $8 Ebay drink holder somewhere close. I can't

View attachment 90452

I'm not a fan of using the floor. I have had too many bandmates kick their drink.

I am in complete agreement here. The clamp tightens down, so it cannot fall off. It's also very durable metal. The bottom has a cushion. Finally, I like the fact that you can get a decent "ping" or "ding" bell sound out of it when you hit it with a stick.

I am in complete agreement here. The clamp tightens down, so it cannot fall off. It's also very durable metal. The bottom has a cushion. Finally, I like the fact that you can get a decent "ping" or "ding" bell sound out of it when you hit it with a stick.

Yes. It doubles as a cowbell. ?

View attachment 90452

same one i use, i took off the logo though (mainly as im affiliaed with a diff company so dont want to appear disloyal)

Update: I've been using the On Stage drink holder for a while now. I really like it. When I don't have a drink in it, I'll put my phone in it so I know where it is and I know it's not going to vibrate off an amp or anything. It can hold up to a regular Gatorade bottle, just about any glass from a restaurant, and anything else within reason.

I can't believe nobody has linked the cheap, effective and compact Gibralter drink holder.

1582662849849.png

Edit: Of course there were more replies that hadn't loaded, and many did mention this.

It's the best and takes up the least room.

Back