Double Strokes - Online class 25th May, 8:30pm GMT

Jonathan Curtis

Silver Member
Hi all,

Tomorrow night (Wednesday 25th May), I'm running a 40-minute online class discussing double strokes. I will cover the concepts of the fulcrum, fingers, wrists, and how these need to synergise to produce a controlled double stroke. I'll also use some material from The Snare Drum Virtuoso to highlight applications and some practice ideas.

It costs £7, and is hosted on Zoom. You can read more about it here: https://www.jonathancurtis.co.uk/onlineclasses.

The last one was really fun. People log on with their sticks and pads, ask questions; it's an interesting discussion, nice and relaxed. All you need is a PC or laptop with a webcam, or a tablet/smart phone. You can join directly with the link, and don't need to have a Zoom account.

I'd love to see some of you on there.

Best,
J

Hi all,

Tomorrow night (Wednesday 25th May), I'm running a 40-minute online class discussing double strokes. I will cover the concepts of the fulcrum, fingers, wrists, and how these need to synergise to produce a controlled double stroke. I'll also use some material from The Snare Drum Virtuoso to highlight applications and some practice ideas.

It costs £7, and is hosted on Zoom. You can read more about it here: https://www.jonathancurtis.co.uk/onlineclasses.

The last one was really fun. People log on with their sticks and pads, ask questions; it's an interesting discussion, nice and relaxed. All you need is a PC or laptop with a webcam, or a tablet/smart phone. You can join directly with the link, and don't need to have a Zoom account.

I'd love to see some of you on there.

Best,
J

crap...I would love to do this, but I have 8 students tomorrow that cross over that time (Weds is my busiest night for lessons). Hope to catch the next one though!

No worries, there will be others! I'd love to meet you and chat to you about some of this stuff!

same!! my lesson schedule changes up in 2 weeks as I go to summer schedule when school lets out, so there will be time!

Back