Does someone have the sE V kick bass drum mic?

KarlCrafton

Platinum Member
I searched through posts and couldn't find it, but I could have sworn some had the the sE V kick bass drum mic.
If anyone has some experience with this mic, please give some feedback.
V-KICK-square.jpg

THANKS!!

Attachments

• V-KICK-square.jpg
    V-KICK-square.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 1

IBitePrettyHard

Bump!

I'm in the market for a bass mic and the V Kick keeps popping up. Instead of a Beta 52 with a rather plain-sounding EQ curve, or an Audix D6 with a rather pronounced EQ curve...the V Kick has both.

It has 1 switch to adjust from Classic (flat curve) or Modern (scooped curve), and 1 switch to adjust for Classic or Modern attack.

I think it sounds quite good. Especially the Classic/Modern config. (classic attack with modern scoop)

Does anyone have experience with this kick mic, or any other mics from SE Electronics?

ij3GiAq.png

@KarlCrafton

Last edited:

organworthyplayer337

I use SE Mics. I have the V-Kick but I use it on my floor tom instead. Having the variable eq curves is fun and handy. I keep it on modern/modern.

Other mics I have are the sE8 overheads, the close mics (V7s I think?), and the V7X which I don't use on the kit. I keep it as a random scratch vocal mic.

Justinhub2003

Same. I’m looking into this mic as well. But also the Hiel kick Mic

IBitePrettyHard

I use SE Mics. I have the V-Kick but I use it on my floor tom instead. Having the variable eq curves is fun and handy. I keep it on modern/modern.

Other mics I have are the sE8 overheads, the close mics (V7s I think?), and the V7X which I don't use on the kit. I keep it as a random scratch vocal mic.
Are they built to last?

ToneT

I have two V Kicks and they are fantastic, versatile microphones. I purchased the pair through Sweetwater in 2019 and I love them. Highly Recommended!
I also love my matched pair of SE 8 condensers. They are my overheads, placed 37" over my snare in XY configuration.
They are now used as cymbal-only mics. Frequencies up to 1k are rolled off with a stereo equalizer which is connected to my Mackie board through TRS cords to two insert channels. The stereo spread of the cymbals was quite unexpected for XY!
They are very clean, detailed, but not harsh sounding SDCs. Very impressed with their quality!

Purchased them through Sweetwater last year. Hope this helps somewhat.

ToneT

I have a V Kick on each bass drum on my double-bass home set.
Setting is classic / modern on both mics.
Mics are placed slightly inside the port holes of the Aquarian Regulator heads and angled slightly towards the center.
The recorded sound is punchy and deep, and just leaps out of my PSB Subsonic 3 subwoofer when mixing recordings!
Low bass frequencies (20-40hz) are carefully adjusted with volume and equalization. Too much is too much.
I think you'll love the V Kick. I certainly do!