Do you have a favourite kit ?

Orphan Craviottos? How the...I'm honestly not understanding how something like that could happen...short of half a set sliding off a ship into the ocean.

Pretty darn amazing looking walnut drums you have there Pete. Love the inlays. Are they lacquered?
Well it started with a snare I bought after Jonny passed, then 2 toms became available which weren't required by somebody as part of 2 sets which I then played with a maple bass drum and floor tom, I like that mixed species arrangement.Then when Craviotto moved to Nashville they found some drums which they sold. We grabbed the bass drum then. My wife bought the toms and bass drum, What a Gal. They are all signed by Johnny and I think they match visually and sound wise like they were born together. This could possibly be the first 26" Bass drum Johnny built , don't think he built very many so it's rare as well.. I believe the bass drum was Matt Chamberlains..

Maybe not the most "versatile" of the lot, but it's my fav. 26, 13, 16, 18 Luddie 3 ply.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 10
I have three. A Tama starclassic bb, Ludwig Centennial and a 90's Premier XPK. I cant choose a favourite tbh, obviously the Tama is the most expensive one but I love the sound of them all in different ways.

My favorite Latin Percussion Americana Groove Wire Cajon Drum.

Same here. My current setup consists of Cajon drum similar to one of these and percussion direct drive pedal mostly. At least thanks to the quarantine I have time to practice some weird techniques with it.

Last edited:
Still my Ludwig. It's nothing to write home about compared to some of the pride and joys already posted, a project kit I built out of odd drums in 2013.

It came with a 24x16 which I couldn't get on with and I grabbed a a 1966 22x14 from ebay that needed a lot of tlc for £80 but as you can see from the pic it turned out OK, a rewrap works wonders. Also swapped the 14x10 for a 12x8. I was lucky that Len Howe was still going and had all the bits I needed to do the work needed, RIP dude!

Need to gig it more, the Saturn V is too darn convenient mind.

Attachments

• Ludwig Stage.jpg
    Ludwig Stage.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 8
Back